FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create a new sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Holzapfel
Create a new sequence
on Jul 7, 2008 at 12:37:55 am

Hello Members,
I have searched around for the answer to my question before placing on this forum. I have not found the answer. Hence, my post.
I have learned that using "Easy Setup" project settings can be defined that will apply to the NEXT project I open. OK.
My question: Can I open an existing project (or even an "untitled") and add a new sequence, say a 24p sequence (HV20, 1080i compressed clips) to a project that has a sequence in it already? Like the orig capture from my HV20, at 1080i/60p.

What I have been doing is opening FCP, and using the "Easy Setup", and changing settings to what I think I need, and then closing the "untitled" project, and opening up a new project with the settings I set using the easy setup process.

Thanks for your forum,

Eric

Return to posts index

Boyd McCollum
Re: Create a new sequence
on Jul 7, 2008 at 1:31:33 am

[Eric Holzapfel] "What I have been doing is opening FCP, and using the "Easy Setup", and changing settings to what I think I need, and then closing the "untitled" project, and opening up a new project with the settings I set using the easy setup process. "

You can have multiple sequences in one project with different settings. Cmd+N creates a new sequence. Select the sequence in the browser (before opening in the timeline) and Cmd+0 opens the Settings dialogue box. Change settings to whatever you need. NOTE: once you open the sequence in the timeline you won't be able to change the timebase. So if that's important, do it first.

Return to posts index

Eric Holzapfel
Re: Create a new sequence
on Jul 7, 2008 at 7:23:06 pm

Hello,

Again Thanks for the information. Maybe one day I will be familiar enough to provide answers to questions, instead of asking questions!

eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]