FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Correcting Multicam - Symphony like?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Hoover
Color Correcting Multicam - Symphony like?
on Apr 29, 2008 at 5:25:12 pm

I'm very new to Multi-cam on FCP.
I am wondering if I can apply a CC effect/filter to angle A, and if angle A appears 10 times in the multi-clip edit,will that effect also be applied to all 10, simultaniously? I'm thinking like the Symphony, you can do this to all clips with the same name, same tape, etc. I know FCP won't do the same thing, but will it do something similar? I will be receiving a 28:30 show with 3-4 camera multi-cam shots, all sprinkled through out the show and I'm trying to find a way to minimize applying the effect for angle A, clip by clip, then angle B,clip by clip, etc. I am not the original editor, shooter, producer, just the poor sap with the job of CC and mastering. There are other problems that would depress most of you, so I'll spare you the grief.

Before I get blasted, in case this topic has already been discussed, I did look/search the cow, apple's site, and i did RTFM. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Color Correcting Multicam - Symphony like?
on Apr 29, 2008 at 6:21:59 pm

Use the find feature to "find all" using whatever textual criteria you type in, such as "angle A." That will highlight every instance of angle A on your timeline and you can then use paste attributes to paste a copied color correction from one clip to all the others.

Make sense??

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

bryce hoover
on Apr 29, 2008 at 7:13:24 pm

excellent! I will give that a try. thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Apr 29, 2008 at 7:45:42 pm

[Bryce Hoover] "I am wondering if I can apply a CC effect/filter to angle A, and if angle A appears 10 times in the multi-clip edit,will that effect also be applied to all 10, simultaniously?"

Yes - I just recently discovered this myself as I was cutting a multiclip sports project. Drag a CC icon from the effects bin to a multiclip angle in the timeline and hold the icon over the clip without releasing the mouse button. An overlay will appear, letting you choose between applying the filter to the particular clip or all instances of that angle in the multiclip. It's very slick. The terminology in the overlay is a bit confusing, however. Make sure to read the manual entry to understand what each option does.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 29, 2008 at 7:53:41 pm

[Alan Okey] "hold the icon over the clip without releasing the mouse button. An overlay will appear, letting you choose between applying the filter to the particular clip or all instances of that angle in the multiclip. It's very slick."

Wow!!! What a great find Alan. Wonder how long that's been there? I could have made such good use of that over the last year. If only I had known about it...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Apr 29, 2008 at 9:10:11 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "I could have made such good use of that over the last year. If only I had known about it..."

Yeah, tell me about it. I just discovered that you can normalize audio right within FCP. I've been exporting dialogue tracks to Peak, Logic Pro or Soundtrack Pro to do this for the past year.

I only discovered this because I was bored, had some free time and decided to browse through the FCP user manual. I think I'll be doing more of that in the future... You never know just what gems you'll find lurking within all of those pages!

Return to posts index

Martin Baker
on Nov 6, 2008 at 10:52:41 am

Alan

I've been playing around with this but can't get this to work (unless I'm misunderstanding something).

There's 4 cameras in the multiclip and the edit is completed on the timeline. If I drag a saved CC setting to a clip on the timeline then I get the "Apply to Source" or "Apply to Multiclip" overlay but no matter which one I choose, the filter only gets applied to that particular clip and not all the clips that use that angle.

Martin
Digital Heaven, London UK

Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
----------
Avid2FCP
For Avid editors learning FCP

Return to posts index

John Goerner
on Nov 24, 2008 at 10:47:33 pm

no matter which one I choose, the filter only gets applied to that particular clip and not all the clips that use that angle.

I rejoiced finding this but alas I to seem to get the same result. It applies to that clip not all.

What am I (are we) doing wrong?

Thanks.

John Goerner
Non-Stop Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]