FORUMS: list search recent posts

pluginz.com

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Core van der Hoeven
pluginz.com
on Apr 18, 2008 at 2:21:49 pm

Ok, it's not something for this forum but I don't know where else to post this so I just give it a try hope someone knows something about this
The thing is; I bought the re timer plugin($1900) for slowing things down at pluginz.com, now it's almost a month ago, I haven't seen anything jet, they don't answer e-mails or phone calls, I can't login into there forums so my question is; is this an excisting company or did I throw my money in the water, does anyone know anything about these guys

thanks, Core

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: pluginz.com
on Apr 18, 2008 at 2:26:15 pm

I know them and they have always been a legitimate company. Let me look into it for you and see what I can find out.

If you have a receipt number or any other information that you can send me at ron@creativecow.net I will be happy to assist you.

Give me a day or two because they are based in Europe and I am in California, so linking up may take a day or so.

Sorry to hear of this issue and we'll help you sort it out.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Core van der Hoeven
on Apr 23, 2008 at 5:36:43 pm

Can you already shine some light on the pluginz.com topic mister Lindeboom?
otherwise it's maybe an idea to warn people not to buy anything there till further notice
In there forum someone has posted a somewhat simular case.
I've send them again a couple off e-mails, no reply

thanks, Core

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 18, 2008 at 2:30:25 pm

They're definitely legit, this is definitely an anamoly as far as I know. Let Boomer look in to this for you and I'm sure he'll get an answer.

You don't have any sort of spam blocker / spam filter on your email do you? I have that and have to make sure I go into my blocker and review the queue for emails I'm supposed to receive.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

andy shnikes
on Apr 18, 2008 at 2:35:06 pm

whats so bad about final cuts timer?
why would yo uneed to spend 1900$ on a plugin that final cut can do itself?

Return to posts index

Core van der Hoeven
on Apr 18, 2008 at 2:51:48 pm

Take a HD image of a close up of a person who's face goes from a smile to a serious face in the normal speed, slow that down in fcp so this proces takes 1 minute and watch the sharpness of the resulting image closely

Core

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
on Apr 18, 2008 at 2:53:13 pm

Let's put it this way: The boys at Revision FX won an Academy Award for the optical flow technology that is at the heart of their plug-in, if my memory serves me well.

For example, you can do some really rudimentary roto work in Final Cut also but I wouldn't want to try to use it for a real job.

Revision FX's retimer is a whole other level of tool than the one that ships with Final Cut, which is not a bad tool -- it's just that the retimer is a great tool.

Another way to say it is like I always tell Kathlyn: Women can have one of those young, good looking guys or they can refuse to settle for that and get one of us -- er, um, well seasoned and softened (yeah, that's it!) adonises. (Well okay, a really older brother of Adonis.)

Some tools are worth paying for if you need them.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 18, 2008 at 2:55:38 pm

[andy shnikes] "whats so bad about final cuts timer?
why would yo uneed to spend 1900$ on a plugin that final cut can do itself?"

Because FCP's re-timing is not near as clean as it should be. plug-ins like Revision FX's Twixtor and Retimer do a much better and cleaner job.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Core van der Hoeven
on Apr 18, 2008 at 2:44:55 pm

Well they should send me a cd, I already got an e-mail from them

thanks, Core

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 18, 2008 at 4:20:57 pm

A response in less than 30-mins. Nice work Ron!

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]