FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re HD camcorder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anita sancha
Re HD camcorder
on Mar 13, 2008 at 6:01:38 pm

I want a simple HD camcorder like the sony HDR HC3.(but it might not be) This one is listed on the hardware comptability page on their web site, and now difficult to find. Why not the HDR HC5 camcorder capture interface? use with FCP studio 2. sony? Panasonic? Can anyone suggest a quality camera with NO problems with FCP. I did try a Avchid, and could not get it to see the camcorder, cos it had no firewire socket??? I want no work arounds, just plug and play/capture etc. HD format Thanks Anita

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
Re: Re HD camcorder
on Mar 13, 2008 at 6:28:04 pm

What is your budget?

Most AVC-HD cams import files through USB as files. It is faster to transfer files that to capture through firewire.

You should fill out your profile so we can see what your system is, it helps a lot.

The older (last generation AVC-HD cams) seem to have bigger chips than the newer ones.

"everything is broken" ......Bob Dylan

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on Mar 13, 2008 at 8:14:39 pm

About £300 to £400 second hand camcorder is fine. Apple Quad core (fast G5) Final Cut Studio 2.

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Mar 13, 2008 at 9:00:54 pm

AG-HSC1U

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/516724-REG/Panasonic_HSC1TRANSFER_AG_...

I'm no expert with these but from what I've read they do a good job for the price. The AG-HSC1U is considered the "industrial version" and it differs from the consumer version in 3 ways:
1> it is Black instead of silver
2> it comes with a 40 GB portable hard drive (which B&H sells separately for $170.00)
3> it costs about $1000.00 more that the consumer version.

These cams record to s flash memory card which can be plugged into a USB card reader and loaded to the computer. They record mp4 compressed HD at 1920X1080. This model has 3 1/4" ccd's while the new ones have 1/6" ccd's.

I think the consumer version is this one: HDC-SD1 and it should be the same inside except for the above noted differences. My niece just bought one a month ago for $999.99. new.
Panasonic uses ccd's while sony and canon use cmos chips. I have heard of problems with cmos chips causing wavey lines and problems with images when the camera is moving.

This is the consumer one I think but check to see if it has the 1/4"ccd's and uses flash memory for recording. (I would stay away from dvd disc recording) Make sure it is AVCHD.

Panasonic HDC-SD1

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-HDC-SD1-Definition-Camcorder-Stabilized/dp/...

These are low end cameras and not great for recording audio with pro mics etc. You only get what you pay for.
Maybe some one else knows of something better and can chime in also.

"everything is broken" ......Bob Dylan

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on Mar 13, 2008 at 9:12:50 pm

Thanks .. I did try the Panasonic HDC-SD1 Thats the camera I could not get to work. Partly because it had no fire wire connection, so it could not capture. So I got my money back.. Lovely camcorder though. Although I have version 6.01, FCP could not read the video files, but the still images were fine. Whatever camera I get, I think it is best to get a firewire connection. Anita

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on Mar 13, 2008 at 9:06:09 pm

Does any one know IF the HDR HC5 works with final cut? I know the HC3 does. (about £399 now.) but HC5 is not listed in FCP hardare devices list.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]