FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6.0.2: File unreadable or too new for this version Final Cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Collingwood
FCP 6.0.2: File unreadable or too new for this version Final Cut
on Feb 14, 2008 at 10:51:59 am

Hello

I see that a lot of people have had this error message and I had this problem 2 days ago after fitting an additional internal drive and moving all my files onto it.

I tried all the suggested fixes but with no joy.
Even the fcp files that were still on my Mac HD wouldn't open.
So I moved the folder containing my fcp files back to it's original location (folder on my desktop) and my projects opened!

But I still wanted to move my files to my new drive.

I recreated the error message by renaming the folder.
It seems that Final Cut was referencing the original folder & it's location so if you rename it or move it you get an error message.

So I changed the name of he folder back to it's original name, opened all the fcp files one by one and saved them using Save Project As to my new drive.
Then I copied the new files and pasted them over the original ones, overwriting them and therefore losing the reference to the original folder. Now I can rename or delete the original folder without it effecting the fcp files. I'm keeping it for now as a backup.

I hope this helps some of you who have this problem.

Matthew

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
Re: FCP 6.0.2: File unreadable or too new for this version Final Cut
on Feb 14, 2008 at 9:03:05 pm

I too had this problem. It was when I upgraded to leopard. Once I reinstalled 10.4.11 the problem went away. I'm staying away from Leopard for a long time.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.
Orlando,Fl.
http://www.d7-inc.com

Greg Jones
Orlando,Fl.
http://www.d7-inc.com

Return to posts index

Dave Mehrman
Re: FCP 6.0.2: File unreadable or too new for this version Final Cut
on Feb 28, 2008 at 11:24:33 pm

that is such a shame that 10.4 created projects won't open on 10.5

I have started using 10.5 for my production machine and it is actually i think better performance then before. it seems that the OS handles the RAM so much better.

Aside from that this is a big problem. One way i got "around" it was opening up the project on a system that was still on 10.4 and exported XML of the sequence i needed. import into FCP on the 10.5 system and vola! my sequence is back.

that only works though if you have one sequence you need, what if you need the whole project?
I am in that boat now.... I need the whole project. Anybody have any luck with that yet?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]