FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help please

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Gogava
Help please
on Feb 14, 2008 at 4:54:35 am

Is there any way that I can create a mirror effect in FCP or I need some plugin for that ?
please tell me how

Thank you
Greg

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Help please
on Feb 14, 2008 at 5:01:04 am

Please do not use Help Please in your Subject header! Use for example Mirror Effect in FCP.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shiloh Heyman
on Feb 14, 2008 at 7:01:25 am

Not sure exactly the result your looking for, but try the mirror effect in the perspective category of the effects menu.

Once you have applied the effect double click the clip to load it to the viewer window and click the effects tab to access the settings. Click the "+ within a circle" button for reflective center. this will activate the cross hair on the canvas window. Now click and drag in the canvas window left or right to change the reflective center until you achieve the desired effect. If it seems like the reflective center is going the wrong way, rotate the clock dial for reflective angle to 180 and then play with reflective center again.

The are other more complicated ways of achieving a similar effect by using a duplicate of your clip on the video track above in conjunction with motion tab settings and masks, but I don't have time to write a book.

Have fun.

Return to posts index

Andreas Karoliussen
on Feb 14, 2008 at 7:04:40 am

Have you even seen in your Final Cut if its possible?
Effects tab, under perspective you find "mirror" effect.
or search for it in the effects tab-> apple +F -> type in "mirror"

or do a Goole search before you post next time...

better luck next time.
Andreas

Return to posts index

Wayne V.
on Feb 14, 2008 at 5:46:14 pm

Would have been more helpful for Greg if you could have just shared some information with him. That's what the COW is here for.

Return to posts index

Andreas Karoliussen
on Feb 14, 2008 at 7:43:19 pm

Hi Wayne,

I should have been more politefull,
Sorry Greg.
However I believe the Cow is a place to get answers to things you cant figure out yourself (amongst others). Not to place a post without bothering to either do a Goggle/Cow search or even a search within Final Cut itself.

Best regards, Andreas

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 14, 2008 at 8:46:35 pm

[Andreas Karoliussen] "However I believe the Cow is a place to get answers to things you cant figure out yourself (amongst others). Not to place a post without bothering to either do a Goggle/Cow search or even a search within Final Cut itself. "

There are all different levels of users here. Obviously, Greg is just learning FCP so please give him a break. Don't you remember the first time you sat down to an NLE or other new software? The Cow is perfect for someone like Greg. Next time suggest a search instead of jumping on him for not doing one. If you want to be real cool about it, search for him and link to it. If you don't want to go through that trouble and all you want to do is talk down to Greg, don't post. It doesn't help anyone.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Andreas Karoliussen
on Feb 15, 2008 at 10:44:28 am

You are absolutely right Jeremy,
and thanks for the reminder,

my apology's once again,

Andreas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved