- client brings me a finished show (edited at another facility).
- most of the material was shot P2, 720p60 (vid rate 23.98).
- B-camera was a sony 1080i60 at 29.97.
- the FCP timeline has a timebase of 23.98.
- the 1080i material looks stuttery.
- I don't believe redigitizing/capturing/importing footage is an option.
Project is 23.98 HD.
Compressor is DVCPro HD 720p60.
Deliverable is Digibeta 29.97.
My contrabution is color correction, minor tweeking, and mastering to Digibeta, so I'm the last link in the chain, so it's up to me to fix this issue.
WHAT CAN I DO with the 1080i to keep it from stuttering? Is it possible to get it to 24p (23.98) without looking like total crap? Some of the 1080i60 is has sync sound, so lips need to match.
(on a side note, I did inform this client, again, that he should have his DPs shoot 30p for his projects...seems to fall on deaf ears. nothing he does goes back to film.)