FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does it make you smile?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
WhiteNoise
Does it make you smile?
on Nov 9, 2007 at 12:18:05 pm

For those of you who have upgraded to Leopard, have you noticed an increase in speed of fcp/real time functionality/interface smoothness/rendering etc. Was it worth the upgrade for the improved editing experience and what in particular(reference upgrade) makes you smile.
Thanks in advance.
Kev

Return to posts index

santellavision
Re: Does it make you smile?
on Nov 9, 2007 at 2:19:22 pm

Kev,
Read the disclaimers stickied on the Cow. Don't upgrade to Leopard yet, as there are problems.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 9, 2007 at 2:33:53 pm

[santellavision] "Read the disclaimers stickied on the Cow. Don't upgrade to Leopard yet, as there are problems."

And lots of them. Also note that Adobe CS3 video apps won't work until at least December so if you use After Effects you have to wait on that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Nov 9, 2007 at 3:09:49 pm

They're all right about waiting, but the answer is 'yes' it does make me smile.

I'm leaving my main system alone for now, but I put Leopard on my laptop since I don't do much video work with it. I'm very pleased and can't wait until they've cleared up the issues that will let me put it on my main system.

Favorite feature for me? Quick Look. Select a file in Finder and hit the space bar. Love it.

Return to posts index

santellavision
on Nov 9, 2007 at 3:16:15 pm

OT: I put it on my laptop too. (Not my editing system) I'm not sure I like some of the features. The transparent drop-down menus are hard to read. As is if you have a folder on the dock and you click it. It puts everything in that folder on the screen. Very hard to find stuff, if it a large folder.

Just my 3

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 9, 2007 at 3:34:13 pm

If we're just talking Leopard in general, "Spaces" does make me smile. We have installed Leopard on all three of our internet / mail machines and it works just fine on those. None of our editing systems will get Leopard until at least December when Adobe updates CS3.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

A.Zander
on Nov 9, 2007 at 4:00:19 pm

walter, give you self a kick, go download virtuedesktops on a tiger machine. It's the most recent source spaces was stolen from. It was halted from beta do to the announcement of leopard.

http://virtuedesktops.info/

it wokrs a bit better (not as smooth) than spaces imo. especially being able to make my slide command ctrl shft tab...way way better.

I have leopard on my edit machine on a spare drive to dick with stuff. Mocha works suprisingly well on leopard sans update...then again it work really well before.

ae works..well not as good as 7 did on an intel, but not horrid...kinda...still runs i guess

Return to posts index

WhiteNoise
I'll take that as a NO!
on Nov 9, 2007 at 4:47:40 pm

As far as editing is concerned, I'll take that as a NO... For dicking around I guess it does.
Will wait for the green light which sounds like December.
Thanks all for your input.
Kev

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]