FORUMS: list search recent posts

transition for every clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
parker C
transition for every clip
on May 7, 2007 at 6:26:33 pm

is there a way in FCP to apply a transition across every clip in the timeline. I have a few dozen photos and I want a standard dissolve between each. is there an easier way to do this than to just drop a dissolve in to each cut?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: transition for every clip
on May 7, 2007 at 6:34:06 pm

Click on your timeline. Hit APPLE-A to select all. Then park your playhead at the head of the sequence, mark IN. Drag the sequence to the CANVAS and choose OVERWRITE WITH TRANSITION.

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 7, 2007 at 7:45:56 pm

Shane,

I sat down to ask this very same question. We did what you said and it worked. However, is there any control over what the tansition is or is it always a 1 second dissolve?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on May 7, 2007 at 8:08:54 pm

Just change your default transition by Ctrl-click/right-clicking a transition or Favourite and selecting Make Default.

Easy as that :o)

Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
on May 7, 2007 at 8:11:37 pm

It will use whatever dissolve is set at your default. To change it, open the effects window and drag the transition that you want to use to the favorites folder. Then change the duration of the dissolve (or any other settings if it is a different transition) of the transition in the favorites folder.

Now that you have the dissolve that you want to use, right click and select SET DEFAULT TRANSITION. Now it will use that transition.

If you're dealing with audio transitions too, you'll want to change the default audio transition as well.

-Russ

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
on May 7, 2007 at 7:59:53 pm

Shane,

I can't figure out your instructions. When I follow then it says, "Sequences may not be added to sequences recursively." I'm probably misinterpreting something.

I just select all of the photos that I want in the browser and drag them to the Canvas and select either insert or overwrite with transition.

OH... Just figured out what you were discribing. When you said drag your sequence, you mean the clips in your sequence, not the actual sequence in the browser. Got it. That's a cool trick.

-Russ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]