FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error Message When Saving

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jjacoby
Error Message When Saving
on Jan 8, 2007 at 7:40:26 pm

We're using FCP5 with an XSAN. 3 or 4 hours into my editing session when I go to save I get a "Error: File Unknown" message. This message also pops up when the Autosave kicks in. I end up having to save to the local hard drive, and then drag it over to the XSAN when I am done. Anyone else encounter this? Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
Re: Error Message When Saving
on Jan 8, 2007 at 9:00:45 pm

I used to get this a lot. I had to save the project to my raid. Not sure what changed to cause it or even what made it go away. But I no longer have this issue. More than likely it was "fixed" after I erased the system drive and reinstalled everyting as well as upgraded.

bob

Now on 10.4.8

Bob Vick sr promo guy @ ch3 & CW wwmt tv, kalamazoo, mi

Return to posts index

Ben Insler
on Jan 8, 2007 at 9:58:38 pm

Hi,

We've encountered a lot of that where I work. We don't use XSAN, but we work with a number of removable FireWire 800 drives and frequently use our network to access drives attached to other computers. Not sure why this problem happens, but we've come to the conclusion here that is has to do with changing the configuration of drives attached to your system. Frequently with us for example, if I'm on system A and someone uses system B to connect to A, shutting down system B without ejecting A's drives from B first will cause this problem. We've also experienced problems while adding and removing FireWire drives with FCP open - drives that FCP is not referencing. If you save the file to the desktop and copy it to your desired location (like you've been doing), nothing appears to be lost. It's just kind of a pain. Sounds like a bug to me - something with the way FCP updates its profile of your system as you're working.

Anyway, no answers, but you're not alone.

Best,

Ben

Return to posts index

Anders Haavie
on Jan 8, 2007 at 10:28:35 pm

Using Xsan and having the same problem.. but very seldom. If I take a restart everything works. Annoying. Try asking in the xsan forum, since it can be xsan related

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]