FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ripple mode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Powers
Ripple mode
on Nov 2, 2006 at 4:57:43 pm

Seems that FCP 5.04 sometimes acts like ripple mode is on.
For example when you want to duplicate a clip on the timeline by doing an option drag, it is rippling the entire contents of the timeline down by the length of the clip I am duplicating.
Example... you want to duplicate a mono audio track so that it is on both channels one and two.
Option Drag. Then bang the whole timeline is now pushed down. Is there some missing on/off button? Or a "film mode" button? Same thing when dragging a clip from the source bin onto the timeline. Sometimes it ripples, other times it doesnt. Thoughts? Ideas?

On the same topic I again want to PLEAD with Apple to have a checkbox inside the Speed Change Dialog to NOT ripple the timeline when changing clip speeds.

Thanks,
Dan

Return to posts index

boydmcc
Re: Ripple mode
on Nov 2, 2006 at 5:44:47 pm

[Dan Powers] "Option Drag. Then bang the whole timeline is now pushed down."

You're describing an insert edit. You need to release the Option button before releasing the mouse. As you Option+Drag, the cursor turns into an arrow. When it's facing right, it act's as an insert edit (pushing everthing to the right in the timeline), but when you release the Option button first, the arrow points downwards and it become an overwrite edit. Be careful that the track you are doing the overwrite edit on is empty - it's easy to overwrite something that you don't want to.

Return to posts index

mishka
on Nov 2, 2006 at 5:54:24 pm

[Dan Powers] "I again want to PLEAD with Apple to have a checkbox inside the Speed Change Dialog to NOT ripple the timeline when changing clip speeds."

x, f, Command-j, 50, Enter, F10

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Nov 2, 2006 at 9:48:39 pm

Thanks for both helpful suggestions. I didnt realize you could add a speed change in the viewer. Makes perfect sense. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]