quicktime that works on a PC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
famous
quicktime that works on a PC
on Oct 18, 2006 at 11:39:19 pm

hi,
I'm exporting minidv NTSC footage using FILE>EXPORT>QUICKTIME MOVIE

The result is a "Final Cut Pro Movie File". This will open using quicktime player on my mac. I want to show the project on a PC though. The PC won't open the Final Cut Pro Movie File. I tried opening the FCP Movie File on my mac quicktime player and exporting it as a quicktime file. This second generation file can be opened by PC quicktime player, but even with the export setting set to the best, there is still huge degradation in the image. Is there any way to export a PC readable file from a FCP mac project (either in FCP itself or some other programme)? Thanks for any help!
Tim

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: quicktime that works on a PC
on Oct 18, 2006 at 11:52:23 pm

Tim,

Just add the .mov extension onto the file you originally exported from FCP, its not really a FCP movie file, just a QT without an extension, and it will play on a PC. There should be no "degradation," however, there may well be a gamma shift that could require correction.

DRW

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
Re: quicktime that works on a PC
on Oct 19, 2006 at 2:00:50 am

David's advice should work, but in the future you can avoid it by using FILE>EXPORT>QUICKTIME CONVERSION

Same thing as what David's saying, just without having to add the .mov yourself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]