FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting DVCPRO HD from AE (PC) to FCP 23.98 FPS

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
colourblind
Exporting DVCPRO HD from AE (PC) to FCP 23.98 FPS
on Oct 10, 2006 at 11:14:12 am

Hello,

I'm working on some vfx shots for a foreign production. Project specifications as received from the
editor are: DVCPRO HD 960 x 720 23.98 FPS 1.33 pixel aspect.

We did most of the vfx work and we started uploading *.rar archives containing *.tga sequences of the
finished footage.
The first thing I observed was that, while AE 7.0 supports DVCPRO HD, 6.5 does not so we created a composition preset with the exact same size and framerate, but with squarepixels as I didn't find any 1.33
pixel aspect option in AE 6.5. As a sidenote as simple as it may be this pixel aspect thing has always given me headaches.
As I said we started uploading finished shots and the strange thing is that, while some shots look ok when inserted in the client's edit, for most of them we received feedback which sound like:

"the motion is too fast. 26 frames are missing"
"32 frames are missing"
"motion not fluid, missing 22 frames"
so on and so forth.

Knowing that we're working 23.98 and that this may arrise issues we checked and double checked every bloody composition in AE to makes sure everything is setup correctly. Moreover what puzzles is me is why some footage ended up OK most of it is busted. I really don't get it although I'm biased to think it's a framerate and pixel aspect issue but I don't know if it is on our side or on theirs.
Alternativelly, I'm thinking that, there might have been some problem with the archiving or upload... I don't know what to think...

I'm in a pretty bad way here so if anyone has any ideea as to what has happened or what might I do please share.

Thanks,
CB

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Exporting DVCPRO HD from AE (PC) to FCP 23.98 FPS
on Oct 10, 2006 at 11:27:10 am

Try posting this in the After Effects forum.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]