FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixlet Blue Playback

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nightowl
Pixlet Blue Playback
on Jun 16, 2006 at 2:28:34 pm

Okay, I've been all over the wonderful world of the internet finding an answer to this obviously simple and asinine question, however, I've yet to find an answer so I am now asking here. I am editing video using Pixlet as my codec on a MacBook off a LaCie external hard drive (using USB 2.0). The problem is, during playback, the footage is blue. Yes, blue. Blue tinted. This only occurs during playback. Other codecs work fine. Hell, I can playback uncompressed which surprised the hell out of me. I know this won't affect my final export, and yet it is annoying so I want it to go away. Anyone know the simple little step I've missed to fix this ridiculous problem? Thank you ever so much,

-N

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Pixlet Blue Playback
on Jun 19, 2006 at 4:30:35 am

Pixlet is NOT a codec intended for editing. I would avoid it in FCP unless you just want to export to it. Its really only good for high quality previews of animations where you need to keep the file size down. It was mainly developed for internal use by Pixar.

Return to posts index

Nightowl
Re: Pixlet Blue Playback
on Jun 20, 2006 at 12:51:22 pm

The problem is being on a portable system and editing large amounts of animation I need to use Pixlet - I need the high compression with the kind of quality output Pixlet offers. I simply don't have the space to work with anything else. That, and it seems to work fine on my system at home. Seeing as I'm currently in Japan with no access to my system back in the states, I have no other option at the moment. Suggestions are welcome, however.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]