Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy 8 and 10 bit file gets cut short

• 8 and 10 bit file gets cut short

Posted by Philip Sportel on May 6, 2009 at 5:08 am

When I export a sequence as 8-bit or 10-bit uncompressed, the resulting file consistently ends about 1/4 of the way to the end of the source material. In other words, I’ll play it back just fine and then the video just stops sooner than it should.

I’ve gone from every initial format I can think of and still this issue persists. I’ve also tried playing back the video in Quicktime, After Effects and iMovie and it still shows the same issue. Oh and this issue also occurs when exporting from After Effects.

I’ve been having this problem since I got Final Cut. I’ve had the problem on two separate machines and 3 different installs of Final Cut.

Machine 1
    Dual 2.16Ghz Macbook Pro with 2GB ram

Machine 2
    Quad 2.8Ghz Mac Pro with 4 GB ram

Jeremy Garchow replied 14 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jeremy Garchow

May 6, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Re-adjust your out point?

• Philip Sportel

May 6, 2009 at 4:20 pm

This problem has existed for at least a year over multiple projects. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve adjusted the out point. It’s not a fix for this issue.

• Jeremy Garchow

May 6, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Disk space full?

• Philip Sportel

May 6, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Disk space is not an issue either as I’m running on ntfs with 10 or 12 gigs to spare *after* the export has completed.

• Jeremy Garchow

May 6, 2009 at 5:11 pm

[Philip Sportel] “Disk space is not an issue either as I’m running on ntfs with 10 or 12 gigs to spare *after* the export has completed.”

That’s you problem. NTFS has a 4GB limit. You need to be working OSX Entended (HFS+)

Jeremy

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy