FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title 3D crashes FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beerstine
Title 3D crashes FCP
on Feb 16, 2006 at 12:43:58 am

Every time I try to access Title 3D in FCP 5.0.4 it crashes before getting a text window. I am running OS 10.3.9 with Quicktime 7.0.4 (did it under 7.0.3 too).

I trashed FCP and Title 3D preferences and repaired permissions to no effect.

I can manually remove some fonts from my fonts folder and get a text box to appear. When this happens I can type text and apply it to the timeline, but going back to edit that text crashes FCP.

I suspected a corrupt font, and ran a utility to identify and remove 3 corrupt fonts but that hasn't helped.

Am now officially out of ideas.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Title 3D crashes FCP
on Feb 16, 2006 at 2:41:35 am

I'm not a big fan of 10.3.9, but that said...

As I recall, you can reinstall Calligraphy by downloading it from Apple's support area. That might help.

Jerry

Return to posts index

beerstine
on Feb 16, 2006 at 8:02:09 am

Apple seems to have the 1.1 version available for download but not the 2.0 that ships with FCP5 which I reinstalled. That didn't work either.

It used to work, now it doesn't.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Feb 17, 2006 at 8:10:20 pm

There's probably an install problem somewhere... It's really a very stable deal actually, so it's not a bug, nor are there settings for you to try don't think. the Pro Apps support might be the area dunno... Which unfortunately may take a FCP 5 reinstall to fix.

ugh.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D

Return to posts index

Le Coyote
on Feb 18, 2006 at 5:24:54 am

maybe you could try to move the fonts in /Users/~/Library/Fonts/ to /Library/Fonts. I had problems loading the "Styles Palette" and doing this fixed it.

Return to posts index

beerstine
on Feb 18, 2006 at 9:04:17 am

Actually, I had just consolidated a bunch of fonts into the Library/Fonts folder from my Users folder. Was trying to eliminate duplicates and extra fonts and make it easier to manage.

Maybe I just hosed myself and we all know what a good feeling that is.

Return to posts index

Le Coyote
on Feb 19, 2006 at 12:05:00 am

the thing you need to know is that Title 3D requires some fonts to be installed. I know Arial is riquired, but I don't know about the others.

What you can do if you have Microsoft Word is to go to '/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Fonts/' and copy the fonts to '/Library/Fonts/'. Then repair permissions.
The old method was to download Internet Explorer and reinstall it, but Microsoft recently removed the link to IE for mac...

If this still doesn't work, you have a incompatible/corrupted font.

Return to posts index

beerstine
on Feb 19, 2006 at 2:03:14 am

I've already been aware of that and had checked for Arial and the other Microsoft fonts. Does anybody know of any cheap utilities to scan for and fix corrupt fonts? All the tools I seem to be finding cost $70-100 and I'd rather not blow that much on such a limited application.

Return to posts index

Le Coyote
on Feb 19, 2006 at 2:52:43 am

what I do is to move my /Library/Fonts/ folder to the root of the HD, rename it "disabled fonts", add the microsoft fonts and reboot. Garantied to fix your problems with Title 3D. Then I re-add fonts as needed (I just browse them with Fontbook instead of inside the apps).

I've tried a few utiliies before, but they don't fix incompatibilities, so I have bad opinion of them. I haven't searched long enough, though, before trying the drastic technique of throwing everything out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]