FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting the sync within a multi clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Laberee
Adjusting the sync within a multi clip
on Oct 27, 2005 at 7:01:22 pm

Once a multiclip has been edited, is there a way to adjust the sync of 1 camera throughout the whole sequence?

The 6 cameras were synced using camera audio, but I see the sync wasn't totally accurate. There are still camera-flashes that are out by +- 3 frames. Not a lot, but i would like to tweak it back in

I had hoped that using SHIFT-CTRL would effect all the clips from that camera in a timeline, but it only changes the sync during the cut segment that adjustment was made in.

Does anyone know how to slip the camera over a whole timeline?

Thanx in Advance
Darren

Darren Laberee
FCP4.5 Dual 1Gig Igniter Pro
Riddle Films Inc.
Toronto Canada

Return to posts index

Michal Hrabovec
Re: Adjusting the sync within a multi clip
on Nov 9, 2005 at 1:09:24 pm

I would select all clips from the angle with find, then select slip tool and slip them with typing +/- number of frames from num keypad.

Return to posts index

Darren Laberee
on Nov 9, 2005 at 5:16:38 pm

Thanx Michal
The problem is more of laziness.

At the end of a multicam clip 6 mins long i found a still camera flash that shows me my wide shot (150 feet away) is delayed 3 frames. When i put the multi together I used the audio as a guide. So now I just want to slip it thru the whole multi, and keep my edits.

The point is now moot. The show is delivered, shots slipped by hand, but I still wonder.

Thanx though

Darren Laberee
FCP4.5 Dual 1Gig Igniter Pro
Riddle Films Inc.
Toronto Canada

Return to posts index

Tippytink
on Dec 15, 2005 at 2:13:15 am

I am having difficulty with a sync issue and multiclips. I had a clip out of sync so I slipped the audio to corrrect it, I then locked the clip and I then put the newly slipped clip into a bin so that we could use the new clip that is now in sync to edit with. I then decided to make this a multiclip. But now when I edit using multiclip there is always a probelm with this clip and any others that I have had to sync. The problem is that it is again out of sync and usually at a different amount or direction. If I use them out of multiclip it is fine. Is this just a bug? It is very annoying. I have to slip most of them again. This will get very difficult once we realy dive into this feature film edit.

Some clips from the B camera had no audio and I used the Camera A audio and married them together with the same solution as above... and these also have issues when used as a multi clip. Is there a way to fix this. Or is this way too confusing to understand?

I will try and sum it up:

When using clips with sync issues that were put back into sync, when we then use them as a multiclip there is a new sync issue where it is back out of sync and not always out of sync the same way as the original master.

Melissa

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]