FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need quick help Pls. can't get file size correct using FlipForMac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gregg brent
Need quick help Pls. can't get file size correct using FlipForMac
on Oct 10, 2005 at 12:43:26 am

I'm using FCP5 and installed FlipForMac. It imported the WMV file with no problem. The WMV file is 320x240 which will be final. I want to set up the entire project for 320x240. Is there a way to do this with correct aspect ration in the viewer?

Also it seems I have to render all WMV files.. is there a way around that?

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Need quick help Pls. can't get file size correct using FlipForMac
on Oct 10, 2005 at 3:38:38 pm

> I'm using FCP5 and installed FlipForMac. It imported the WMV file with no problem.<

You mean you're using the Stdio version? the original version only imports QT and exports to wmv.

> The WMV file is 320x240 which will be final. I want to set up the entire project for 320x240. Is there a way to do this with correct aspect ration in the viewer? <

Yes. It's so easy I don't understand why you're asking. But then I'm assuming I understand your question whihc might not be true.

> Also it seems I have to render all WMV files.. is there a way around that?<

If you are importing wmv and exporting wmv, you don't need Flip4Mac. Aside from that, of course you have to process every pixel and every audio sample because you're moving between codecs. It's not called rendering, This is transcoding.

The documentation that comes with Flip4Mac's products is thorough. if you're having trouble figuring it out, contact the company.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]