FORUMS: list search recent posts

A short cut Q.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eli Mavros
A short cut Q.
on Oct 3, 2005 at 7:27:58 pm

When I do a layoff that has different versionings of the same spot I always wish that I could just highlight the clip that I want to move, type in the timecode that I want it to start at and presto. I find that this is now how it works though. If I do this, it moves the clip by the amount that I type in. Is there a modifier key or shortcut so that FCP does not automatically us +, but rather the exact tc I type? This would make versioning so much quicker and simpler.

Thanks,
Eli

Eli Mavros

Return to posts index

VideoManSF
Re: A short cut Q.
on Oct 3, 2005 at 8:49:09 pm

You can type in the timeline's TC window the time that you want and then highlight the clip and hit F9, or F10 (as long as you have expose turned off).

Return to posts index

Matte
on Oct 3, 2005 at 8:54:47 pm

This sounds more difficult thatn it is, it takes just a very few seconds:

Put the original raw footage in the Viewer.
In the Viewer's TC window, type in the TC you want. The clip will jump to that frame.
Mark an IN point (hit the "i" key) at that point on the clip.

In the Timeline, mark the IN-to-OUT (hit the "x" key) of the clip you want to replace .

Replace the old clip with the new clip.

Return to posts index

Eli Mavros
on Oct 3, 2005 at 9:24:51 pm

I appreciate the quick responses, but I know all of this already. A lot of times if I have like 15 promos and 15 slates, I like to just drag the whole bunch of them into the timeline and then move them to where they need to be...I don't know why I like this. But I would like to then be able to move individual clips (once they are already in the timeline) to a different timecode using the numeric keypad. Any suggestions on how to do this? I is also more usefull for when I do a history tape of the entire project, in which I just copy the contents of a few differnt sequences and put them onto one sequence...then I move things around in whatever order I need them.

Thanks,
Eli

Eli Mavros

Return to posts index

Erik J
on Oct 4, 2005 at 7:14:26 am

Check this out:

http://www.xmedit.com

Should be perfect for your needs.
I'm gonna get it as soon as possible!

/Erik

Editor
Monitor Flm & Television
Stockholm, Sweden

G5, 2*2.5ghz, 2 gb ram, 600gb Huge raid, Blackmagic Decklink extreme, Apple 23" Cinema display.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]