FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy Keyframes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Vick
Copy Keyframes
on May 10, 2005 at 8:49:48 pm

How do I copy a set of keyframes at one location of a clip to another location of that same clip? Basically I have a simple pip effect that moves forward, stays at that location and then returns to the starting point.

b

Bob Vick sr promo guy @ ch3 wwmt tv, kalamazoo, mi

Return to posts index

Thax
Re: Copy Keyframes
by
on May 10, 2005 at 9:17:06 pm

Age-Old request.
In Avid you CAN.
In FCP you CAN'T.

You CAN carefully copy and paste EACH individual number SETTING, one-at-a-time... but it takes forever.

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on May 10, 2005 at 9:20:43 pm

Can't. There is no direct way to do this in FCP. Silly, we know, we've been screaming about since v1.

But copying and pasting keyframes may not be what you really want to do. You could delete your middle keyframes and set the beginning and end keyframes easily since the object doesn't move. Then set your intermediates. You might want to write them down or get a screen shot of the coordinates.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on May 10, 2005 at 9:32:51 pm

Yeah I usually do the beginning and end to have them set, then I create the middle move. After awhile I thought that there must be a better way. Guess not.

FCP6 ??

Thanks anyway guys.

b

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on May 10, 2005 at 10:58:33 pm

Hey Bob,

Weird, but paste attributes will copy and paste some keys, but not all. You have to play around with it.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on May 10, 2005 at 11:08:49 pm

Depending on what you're doing, why not split the clip after the keyframes, then duplicate the clip and move it after. Then if it's footage, slip it to match up the timecodes. Another way to use paste attributes a little differently is to duplicate the clip with the keyframes, then copy the footage you want to fill it and when you paste attributes, paste the content rather than the keyframes. This pastes content into the keyframes you originally wanted to duplicate.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Peter McAuley
on May 11, 2005 at 1:04:12 pm

Not being able to copy, select, paste or move keyframes is my is one of my top three bitches about FCP. I haven't seen FCP 5 yet. Someone please tell me it's been addressed in 5. Who the hell needs dynamic RT. Fix the stuff that's broken. This is basic editting 101 stuff. End of rant, have a nice day.

Peter McAuley
Axyz Edit
Toronto
G5 dual 2.0
4 gigs ram
FCP 4.5 HD
QT 6.5.2
Kona 2 v1.1 with K Box
4 X 250 gig external F800 Lacie firewire drive
2 X 23" Apple cinema display

Return to posts index

Bob Vick
on May 11, 2005 at 2:03:04 pm

I agree about "fix what's not right". It seems that the workaround ideas there are, the more users there are that have had to deal with this for too long. Hey Apple, let us option, cmmd, shift whatever click key frames and copy. This must be an easy to do idea. What could be the down fall?

b

Return to posts index

Mel Matsuoka
on May 12, 2005 at 7:36:38 am

[Peter McAuley] "Not being able to copy, select, paste or move keyframes is my is one of my top three bitches about FCP. I haven't seen FCP 5 yet. Someone please tell me it's been addressed in 5 "

It's not.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It's unfathomable how Apple can continue to ignore this BASIC feature of any professional compositing system, and yet still tout FCP's compositing and effects prowess at tradeshows and whatnot.

Aloha,
mel

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
on May 12, 2005 at 10:04:36 pm

Rich,

WOW what a great freakin' idea. Brilliant!!

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
on Jul 16, 2010 at 6:55:14 pm

Fast forward six years. Had Apple addressed this yet???

Dan Powers
P3 Media
Austin, TX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]