FORUMS: list search recent posts

Offloading .mov footage from a SDXC card into FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dina Moeller
Offloading .mov footage from a SDXC card into FCP 7
on Mar 30, 2020 at 1:47:56 am

hi-

I just purchased a Panasonic HC-X1. I did some test recordings on a card in the .mov format. I shot in 4K, UHD and FHD.

I have another Panny that uses P2 cards and would offload to my Desktop and create a dmg file from the P2 card. Then go into FCP7 and do a log and transfer of the footage and convert it into Pro Res files.

I feel so stupid asking, but how do I get the footage from the card and into the editing program? What is the workflow? Do I just copy the files off of the card onto a hard drive and import them into my FCP project?

I'm confused. I made a dmg of the SDXC card (which took up 127 GB of space and it was a grand total of 5 minutes of footage) and when I tried to log and transfer, it didn't work.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Offloading .mov footage from a SDXC card into FCP 7
on Mar 31, 2020 at 11:27:00 pm

Log & Transfer only works on codecs that were in action eight years ago and also needed camera manufacturers support. Eventually you will have to choose an alternative to FCP7 that handles modern codecs and can work with 4k footage if that's what you are shooting. Luckily there are completely free alternatives like Resolve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]