FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 refuses to make a reference mov

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Bauer
Final Cut Pro 7 refuses to make a reference mov
on Jul 6, 2018 at 2:04:46 pm

Hi, thanks so much for your time.
I have been trying to do something I've done many many times and now for some inexplicable reason it's not working. I'm just trying to make a reference mov. The clips match the sequence settings, it's Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, I've done a couple of simple edits, added audio, and I should be able to export a reference mov with a negligible file size just by unticking "Make Movie Self-Contained". But instead of being an instant export, it takes a minute and I end up with a file a few hundred megs in size, as though it's had to render something, except there's clearly nothing to render. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 refuses to make a reference mov
on Jul 8, 2018 at 4:12:15 am

reference movie's do contain audio.
perhaps it's that?

nick

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 9, 2018 at 1:33:59 am

I agree with the audio hypothesis.

And since you've done this a couple-three times, I assume you're aware of the severe restrictions imposed by a reference movie.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph Bauer
on Jul 11, 2018 at 12:08:48 am

Yeah it was the audio I realised - it was a single mono .wav file but Final Cut was converting it into stereo, hence the file size. The solution was to just export the video as a reference file and then add the audio to it in quicktime and save it, again as a reference file. It adds an extra step but it gets you there in the end. Don't suppose there's any way to set up a Final Cut sequence with a single mono audio output is there?

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Jul 11, 2018 at 2:17:00 am

hey, Joe...
FCP always includes the audio, even if no conversion is required.
and no, the minimum number of output tracks is 2, less someone else knows a clever hack.

cheers,
nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]