FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems installing Motion 4 from FCP Studio disc set onto system running FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Philip Hendel
Problems installing Motion 4 from FCP Studio disc set onto system running FCP7
on May 9, 2018 at 2:18:49 am

Hi

I have been running FCP7 on a Macbook Pro 17", running OSX 10.6.8.
Bit-by-bit I have been adding Logic Pro9, STP3, Color 1.5 from a FCP Studio disc set that I purchased just before FCPX came out.

I am now trying to install Motion4 from the same disc set but I am finding that unlike all the other apps. this one does not open without crashing after it is installed.

Any thoughts ??

I have tried uninstalling it & re-installing the 3 Motion4 packages many times.

Philip

PS
I have two Apple 23 inch A1082 external monitors that I normally use but I am having this problem installing Motion4 whether they are plugged in or not
I only mention this because when I recently installed COLOR 1.5 I discovered that it would only boot-up if I first unplugged them, then plugged them in again la after

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Problems installing Motion 4 from FCP Studio disc set onto system running FCP7
on May 10, 2018 at 4:10:49 pm

Posting only to say that I'm not ignoring this...I just don't know the solution. Perhaps get PREFERENCE MANAGER from Digital Rebellion and see if that helps. It should work, I mean, you are on the supported OS.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Problems installing Motion 4 from FCP Studio disc set onto system running FCP7
on May 10, 2018 at 11:23:07 pm

I always found it intriguing that after installing software, that OSX often needed repairing permissions. Try doing that before installing Motion. People bag Windows directories but I never understood how or why OSX seems to constantly corrupt permissions?

Return to posts index

Philip Hendel
on May 11, 2018 at 9:53:26 pm

Merci to both:

Unfortunately "Preference Manager" at this point in time is only available for OSX higher than 10.6.8 which I am trying to stick with for the FCP7 Studio package.

I think what I am going to do is erase the SSD in my 17" MBP (after copying it), re-install OSX10.6.8 and then re-install the whole package, FCP7, STP3, Color 1.5, Motion4, and LP9 (& perhaps all the ones I haven't yet tried also (Compressor, DVD & Cinema tools)).

Basically start over and just do it all at once and even upgrade to FCP7.03

As I recall I had experienced a problem with either LP9 or STP3 clashing in some way when I installed them 2 or 3 month's apart. This required a special step which I hope I have notes on somewhere.

Philip

PS

if I do a total re-install do any of you know if there are special steps I should take at the beginning regarding using two 23" A1082 monitors.
I ask this because I have always had a problem with COLOR 1.5 . To open it I always had to first unplug one of the 2 external monitors or it would crash, then once it was running I could re-plug the 2cd external monitor in.

While this allowed me to use the program it seemed kind of a goofy way to do things and in addition, I could never get the two COLOR windows to be full size on both monitors which made constructing masks less accurate than what should be possible.

(the 2cd monitor is linked using a USB3 DVI adapter)

Thank you again

Return to posts index

Philip Hendel
on Jun 6, 2018 at 12:14:47 pm

Just a note to say that all the suites run perfectly although I was unable to find the conflict.

Thank you all

Philip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]