FORUMS: list search recent posts

limit color feature on color corrector

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju bhai
limit color feature on color corrector
on Aug 25, 2017 at 9:04:10 pm

Hello,
when i select the area of the frame that i want to limit the color alteration to, I use SHIFT + THE DOPPER TOOL to keep adding to my selection. However, how do i subtract from my selection? I tried OPTION KEY + DROPPER TOOL, etc but none seem to work to subtract from my selection, please let me know, thanks!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: limit color feature on color corrector
on Aug 28, 2017 at 2:40:34 am

maybe you just have to start tweaking the colour, saturation, and luma control in the limit effect area

you can grab and move the selected area itself (probably most useful with the colour)
and you can grab and move the borders around the selected area.

click the key button to see the selection in the viewer as pure black or white,
then fine-tune the adjustments.

nick

Return to posts index

raju bhai
on Sep 2, 2017 at 10:25:01 pm

Nick,
So what happens is that when i use the sliders in the LIMIT EFFECT section of the color corrector effect, I am unable t confine the area that I want effected. Basically what i am trying to do is redden the lips of the subject in this close-up scene. So i use the dropper to select her lips, then I bump up the saturator slider to more lips color.

The problem is that when i select the lips with the dropper tool, it selects the areas in the video frame that also have similar color

So, grabbing and moving the the borders around the selected area would be great. I just don't know how to do that. Do u know how to limit my selection?
please let me know
thx

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Sep 2, 2017 at 11:26:54 pm

so Limit Effect IS working, but you have other parts of the frame with the same colour?

in that case you need to mask off the area you want otto affect.

double the clip up onto a second track, and simply crop this new clip down to the lips area.
if cropping is not sophisticated enough, then use one of the garbage matte filters available in the "Matte" effects.

hope that helps,
nick

Return to posts index

raju bhai
on Sep 8, 2017 at 12:47:59 am

Hi,

That would be a good idea, only problem is that she physically moves around the screen while talking, so for me to use the garbage matte when constricting the color limit effect to her lips, I would have to use keyframes and modify the garbage matte settings per frame which would be way too much work. Is there a matte filter that can isolate and track the movement of the lips at the same time?

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Sep 8, 2017 at 7:17:38 am

options in FCP7 are not great
you could look at CHV motion tracker collection

FCPX has something i believe, Slice-X
then there's Resolve, of course

Paul Crisp made garbage mattes for FCP with a simple position controller, so only one point to keyframe
i can't see them online anymore, i could send if you're interested.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]