FORUMS: list search recent posts

Generate an MXF file with AES3 audio format

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuela Porter
Generate an MXF file with AES3 audio format
on Aug 9, 2017 at 4:06:29 pm

Hi!!

I can't find the way to export an MXF file with audio in AES3. I need for a delivery for a TV channel..
I'm working with FC7 but I open to work with other platforms... I'm desperate..

I copy you the Tech delivery details:

Bit rate: 50 (CBR)

Ratio: 1920x1080 (16/9)

Frame rate: 25fps

Audio Sample rate: 48,0 kHz

Field Priority: Top field first

Pixel Aspect: Square

Audio track:
For French Version Program (FV):
Channel 1+2 : Stereo Mix FV Channel 3+4 : Stereo Mix OV (tracks 3 and 4 empties if OV not available)

For Original Version ( OV) Program:
Channel 1+2: Stereo Mix OV Channel 3+4 : Empty
Only file with 4 tracks

Audio Format: AES3 audio

Codec: MPEG-2 422P@HL

GOP structure: LongGOP / N=12

Title/graphic safe area: An area of 90% is mandatory

Container: MXF

Average Modulation Audio Peak : Follow and respect technical recommendation CST – RT – 017 – TV – v3.0*

Audio Format: 24 bits

Black Level:
When a pixel is black, the specified voltage transmitted or recorded is Zero (0) Volts;
Any lower than this is illegal.

White Level (=luminance)Peak White:
When pixel is at maximum brightness (luminance) the voltage is +0.7 Volts (700mV).
Any brightness (luminance) higher than +0.7 is illegal.

Thank you all!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Generate an MXF file with AES3 audio format
on Aug 10, 2017 at 9:11:00 pm

This type of export...XDCAM 422 MXF export with that audio config, is an option that Avid Media Composer has. Sorry, no clue how to do that with old FCP 7. It's a newer delivery format, so you'll have to look into newer options. Hmmm...not seeing how to do that in Resolve...it does the OP1a MXF, but not the audio.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Manuela Porter
on Aug 11, 2017 at 2:43:57 pm

Thank you Shane,

I've downloaded Avid trial and tried to export in MXF Op1a, but I don't have any audio configuration option, and it exports the audio in PCM, not in AES3.. Could be you have some pluggin or other application that gives it more options?

Is there any other way to export I don't know?

I'm exporting like here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/User_Guide/How-change-the-format-w...

Thank you very much!!

Manuela Porter Astorga

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 11, 2017 at 5:48:47 pm

Googling this and I find things on exporting as AS-11 files...and that it's one of the new standards for some British TV networks. Sorry, I have no experience with this. You might try posting this in the Avid forum, or asking the tech experts at the network what they recommend for encoding the way they need.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Aug 13, 2017 at 2:29:23 pm
Last Edited By John Rofrano on Aug 13, 2017 at 2:30:53 pm

[Manuela Porter] "...and it exports the audio in PCM, not in AES3"
That's because AES3 uses PCM audio. AES3 is NOT an audio format. It's a protocol for carrying audio that includes twisted pair wires and XLR connectors, etc. The problem with TV stations is that they don't know a lot about digital formats and so when requesting submissions, they often talk in terms of the analog equipment that they are use to using (which is why the spec talks about video black and white points in voltages!) For your purpose, PCM = AES3.
[Manuela Porter] "Is there any other way to export I don't know?"
How about using Apple Compressor 4.3? Look under Settings | CUSTOM | MXF | MXF25 fps and you will find a template called 1080i25 XDCAM HD 422 50 Mbps which should give you what you want. You can adjust the number of audio channels to fit the spec (it defaults to 8 but you can set it to 4 or 2). For $49 (the price of Compressor in the Apple store) you can have this solved.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Manuela Porter
on Aug 17, 2017 at 9:11:42 am

Hello again and thank you for your help. For the moment we have founded what was the main problem, we are still investing but well, we can breathe better 😃

It seems that everyting was well done, from FC7 with SonyXDCam pluggin and from AVID. The main problem was the Metadata analyser. The only analyser which reads MXF Files and AES3 audio format is "Sony XDCam Viewer" (Show metadata option). With the other software we've tried, the only format showed was PCM...

I'll send you news as soon as the company gives us the format confirmation...

Thanks a lot!

Manuela Porter Astorga

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]