FORUMS: list search recent posts

4K to 1080p

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Molly Blank
4K to 1080p
on Mar 16, 2017 at 3:32:04 pm

I need to convert a ton of files from 4K to 1080p. 2 questions:

1. I have Brorsoft Video Converter. What do people think of that as a converter? Should I be using something else?

2. On the drive, there is an XDRoot folder and then in there is a Clip folder. When I am importing to convert, do I choose the Clip folder or the .MXF files individually in there? I just tried to import the folder and it loaded the files individually but then froze.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 4K to 1080p
on Mar 16, 2017 at 7:44:29 pm

[Molly Blank] "1. I have Brorsoft Video Converter. What do people think of that as a converter? Should I be using something else?"

Consumer level...doesn't produce the best results. Problematic. Even mentioning it's name get's a post flagged here...because the company would spam these forums with people saying "You should use BroSoft!" A form of advertising...FAKE word of mouth. I don't trust the company, and the results I have seen are substandard compared to other options.

Use Resolve...I believe even the free version will convert 4K to 1080p. Bring the footage into the media pool. Don't go digging into folders...bring in the full card structure. String it out on the timeline, and in the DELIVERY page, render out 1080p (matching frame rate)...individual clips, retaining the clip name.

Or us EditReady. Drag the full card structure into it, and in the options have it downconvert.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]