FORUMS: list search recent posts

Streamclip Frame size options

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Molly Blank
Streamclip Frame size options
on Mar 4, 2017 at 5:29:50 pm

I have 4K .mov files that I want to make Apple Prores. I am still working in FCP 7 and my computer is old so having these huge files isn't helpful.

The .mov files are H.264 4096x2160. I want to change to Apple Prores 422 but when I try to use Mpeg Streamclip, in frame size it automatically chooses 3840 x 2160 (unscaled and I don't have 1920x1080 (unscaled) as an option, I only have 1920x1080i. Is it because I am using an older version of Streamclip and just need to update to the newer version?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Streamclip Frame size options
on Mar 4, 2017 at 8:42:46 pm

THAT'S UHD...broadcast 4K as it were. What is your deliverable? That might be the limit for Streamclip

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Molly Blank
on Mar 4, 2017 at 11:13:38 pm

My deliverable is just a small video for an organization -- they'll probably put it online, show in forums etc. Not sure why this camera guy shot so large. MpegStreamclip does 1920x1080i but not p?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 5, 2017 at 12:17:23 am

Well, it might do P...just click DEINTERLACE. I'm using it now, but I'm ripping DVDs to SD, and then upconverting via Compressor for some, and terranex for others, for an HD show that eventually needs to also have a 4K master.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]