FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export for best image quality for web Export Using Quicktime Conversion vs Compresser?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Wilson
Export for best image quality for web Export Using Quicktime Conversion vs Compresser?
on Jan 27, 2017 at 6:38:15 pm
Last Edited By Matt Wilson on Jan 27, 2017 at 6:39:51 pm

Hi,

Working on a feature and will need to export for Vimeo and YouTube. I will need to do exports as small as 30 seconds to 2 minutes (trailers etc.), and I will need to do exports of the full 2 hours. My goal is to get the best image quality, so I want to know if I should create H.264 files by selecting "Export Using Quicktime Conversion" or if I should use Compressor? Also, if using Compressor, is better to Export an Uncompressed Quicktime and then separately open Compressor to bring that in to Compressor...or should I just "Send To Compressor" from Final Cut Pro 7? (My project is all ProRes 422 footage).

Thanks. If anyone would like to share their preferred choices regarding bitrate/datarate levels and other settings selections such as keyframe choices/boxes to tick, that would be cool too. I'm coming from Premiere Pro, so I developed my "secret sauce" for export settings over the years and figured some folks here might have done the same with Final Cut Pro 7 to get the best image quality.

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Export for best image quality for web Export Using Quicktime Conversion vs Compresser?
on Jan 27, 2017 at 7:37:55 pm

Export a full res QUICKTIME MOVIE..no recompression. And then take into Compressor or Media Encoder or Sorenson...they all have YouTube and Vimeo presets...use those.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
Re: Export for best image quality for web Export Using Quicktime Conversion vs Compresser?
on Jan 28, 2017 at 5:57:09 am

Thanks Shane.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]