FORUMS: list search recent posts

4K Phantom .mov footage converted in compressor to ProRes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Ball
4K Phantom .mov footage converted in compressor to ProRes
on Jan 8, 2017 at 1:13:40 pm

Hi all,

I've tried directly importing 4K footage directly into FCP7 but it doesn't play nicely in the viewer and even worse on the timeline - which I sort of expected. I'm on a MacBook Pro but it's a few years old now and doesn't look 4K footage.

So... I converted these .mov files (from my DJI Phantom 4) to ProRes HQ in compressor. They now play great in the viewer (from the bins) but horribly when dropped onto a timeline. I'm saying yes to setting timeline setting to clip setting and it's giving me a red line to ask me to render which I thought I'd avoid if I was to convert them to Prores.

Any ideas?

I see things changed from a red line to an orange one when I change the playback settings to low. I'm not looking at editing these shots, just topping and tailing them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best,

Nick

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 4K Phantom .mov footage converted in compressor to ProRes
on Jan 9, 2017 at 2:35:01 am

FCP 7 and 4K don't really do well. FCP 7 was discontinued before 4K really became a thing, so it's not the best to deal with this. You might need to convert the footage to ProRes HQ 1080p.

What are the exact dimensions of that footage? And frame rate? if something like 4K 60P...FCP doesn't do that format...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]