FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Nvidia gtx680 to output final cut pro 7 on HDMI port

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Hess
Using Nvidia gtx680 to output final cut pro 7 on HDMI port
on Dec 9, 2016 at 7:45:00 pm

I have anolder Mac Pro (early 2008) running an NvidiaGeForce GTX 680 graphics card. I'm running Finalcut Pro 7. Does anyone know if it's possible to route the timeline output that normally runs on the firewire out to run on the GTX 680 HDMI port? I would like to send it to my 4k TV. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Using Nvidia gtx680 to output final cut pro 7 on HDMI port
on Dec 10, 2016 at 1:13:43 am

You can get another computer display on that graphics HDMI...and then make that FULL SCREEN for playback. But no, it won't be full quality like Firewire was for SD. You need a capture card for that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniel Hess
on Dec 11, 2016 at 5:04:42 pm

I'm not sure I understand. How would I set up a capture card to use for HD quality playback? And can you suggest a card that would work for this? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Dec 21, 2016 at 2:25:22 am

Blackmagic or AJA make PCIe cards that are designed to feed a clean TV signal to a TV. A graphics card will not do this.

You might be able to get it working but Blackmagic cards are pretty cheap and the software is designed to output that way. You won't get 4k out of FCP7 but you will get a good 1920 x 1080 to upscale in the TV.

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on Dec 21, 2016 at 1:58:15 pm

As others have suggested a Graphics card doesn't output a real video signal. You cheapest option would be the Blackmagic Intensity Pro which will give you interlaced or progressive HD video/audio out via HDMI to your external video monitor/TV. Check ebay.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]