FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Dunford
FCP7 problems
on Dec 8, 2016 at 2:54:22 pm

Hi, I'm using FCP7 for a multi-track (24 video tracks) edit and having problems!
I guess I shouldn't be surprised with such an old software, but are there any solutions to the constant 'out of memory' messages.
I'm running a 2 year old 27" iMac, with full RAM and an Apple SSD. The footage is all PR422 1080p. The footage is on an external USB3 drive.
I need to say also that I am not a professional video editor, I am in my later years and re-visiting my past occupation as an experimental film-maker.
Perhaps I also need to look at changing my NLE, what would the best one be that didn't require to much re-learning? Resolve or FCPX or Premiere?
Cheers

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: FCP7 problems
on Dec 8, 2016 at 5:13:31 pm

Do you have a lot of still images? They can present problems if they are scaled too large. Also, a simple restarting of the computer can help.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: info@babyboompictures.com

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 8, 2016 at 5:34:41 pm

What Warren said. The most common reason I got OUT OF MEMORY messages, is when the stills were over 4000 pixels on any side. FCP 7 doesn't do larger than 4K...and that goes for stills too.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

ILan Azoulai
on Dec 9, 2016 at 9:05:09 am

If an FCP7 project file is greater than 100MB (yes, MB) then you are prone to crash the application and memory errors.
I had that constantly while working on my documentary and discovered it in one of the Apple forums. What i had to do is to slim down the timeline. it may be cumbersome but works.
-iLan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]