FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Res file downloaded from youtube not outside of Action Safe/Title Safe Lines

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Pro Res file downloaded from youtube not outside of Action Safe/Title Safe Lines
on Dec 5, 2016 at 6:27:34 pm

Hi,

I have to download a few videos off of youtube for a lesson. I am using https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter to download them. All I do is copy and paste the youtube link of the video into this site and it converts it to an MP4.

Once it's downloaded I use mpeg stream clip to convert it to Pro Res 422 Lt. It is 1280 x 720.

When I import it into FCP 7 I can see that some of the titles from the video are outside both the Action Safe and Title Safe zones. Is there any way to make sure everything is going to be seen without having to shrink the video?

Is there a better way to download and convert the youtube videos?

Thanks in advance

FCP 7
iMac 5K 27 inch
3,2 GHZ
AMD Radeon

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Pro Res file downloaded from youtube not outside of Action Safe/Title Safe Lines
on Dec 5, 2016 at 6:46:16 pm

First off, no. If the text is baked into the file, you can't adjust it without adjusting the entire QT file. You can make the file bigger, so you can then have more room to move the text up, or down, or wherever.

A lot of videos made for the web don't take into account title or action safe. There is no such thing on the web. That's only on TV. And those are guidelines by networks...so most people making their own videos for the web don't follow those guides, nor do they need to.

NOW...this being said...and you needing to make sure these are Action and Title safe, says to me you need to worry about this when it goes to air, or is on a DVD with certain specs. I do have to ask, do you have the rights to use these videos you are downloading from YouTube? You'll need those if you use them for anything you sell. Heck, even YouTube at times requires that you are the owner or have permission if you repost. If the original owner puts a claim up that you took the material, YouTube will take it down.

What is this for, and do you have permission?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]