FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automatic Duck AAF - FCP7 to Avid 8

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria-Luisa Meredith
Automatic Duck AAF - FCP7 to Avid 8
on Nov 18, 2016 at 4:55:09 pm

Hello

We have a series of sequences created in FCP 7 which need to be brought into Avid (V8) for editing. We've exported AAF's from FCP and imported them into an Avid bin. This populates the bin with the sequence and clips. Everything is initially offline, I know we need to relink now.

My question is exactly which workflow is best? In older versions of Avid I would link to AMA, Avid would recognise where to search and bring clips back online. Avid 8 has a different name for the AMA process. When I've selected the clips and tried 'import/relink media' or 'import/import media', nothing comes back online.

If I use the 'relink' option (in drop down menu above 'modify') again nothing comes back online.

Currently my project and transcoded MXF's are all on the same drive, with the original rushes media on another.

Any help or hints majorly appreciated.

Thank you.

Macbook Pro / OSX 10.6.8 / 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

FCP Studio 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Automatic Duck AAF - FCP7 to Avid 8
on Nov 18, 2016 at 7:01:12 pm

You used the Duck to do this, right? You need to have the DUCK make the media AVID media...have it convert the footage to MXF files. Then you need to make a folder on the main drive, main level called Avid MediaFiles....and in that, MXF, and in that, 1...or any number. Drop the files the Duck made into that folder. That's the only way Avid will see the media. If you have OMFI audio media as well, you'll have to make a folder for that on the root level too, OMFI Media (I think...I'll have to look that up).

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Maria-Luisa Meredith
Re: Automatic Duck AAF - FCP7 to Avid 8
on Nov 18, 2016 at 7:44:26 pm

Ah ok, so rather than select 'Avid Compatible' during the AAF export from FCP I need to select the MXF option, makes sense! Thanks so much for taking the time to post, really appreciate it.

M

Macbook Pro / OSX 10.6.8 / 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

FCP Studio 7.0.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]