FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow playback audio just fine

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kendra Borgen
Slow playback audio just fine
on Nov 1, 2016 at 1:15:46 pm

Hello,

So I'm still using FCP 7 (don't do that much work in general haven't bothered to update). I'm attempting to import a video which I snagged from the web . mp4 and I converted it to .mov using QT Pro and codec Apple Pro Res 422 (1280x720). The converted clip plays just fine in QT.

When I'm import it FILE>Import>etc and drag it to my timeline (or preview it in viewer) the video playback is much slower. I don't want to use the audio so that doesn't matter so much as I will speed it up but the problem is that the video doesn't complete so I can only view and use about half of my clip which is an issue.

Does anyone have advice on how to solve this issue or another way I should attempt to use this video from the web?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Slow playback audio just fine
on Nov 1, 2016 at 1:38:50 pm

What app did you use to convert? Some don't do that good of a job with more difficult clips.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kendra Borgen
on Nov 1, 2016 at 1:59:41 pm

I'm not certain what question you are asking.... do you mean from the web? I just used a web based app to download. But I then converted it using QT Pro (using codec Apple Pro Res 422).

When I googled how to import into FCP nearly every video/forum said this was the standard way to do it but I'm open to other options if you have them

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 1, 2016 at 3:43:19 pm

OK, so you converted with QT Pro. That might not do what is needed to make it work right. Try using Compressor or EditReady...because many of these web videos have "variable frame rates," meaning not a solid 29.97 or 23.98...but often like 15fps, or 10fps...to conserve space. And when converted to 23.98 or 29.97, they might get sped up, or shortened. I had this issue with screen capture software. I'd save it as ProRes, but it'd still be variable, even if I saved it as 23.98....FCP would see it as 10fps. Compressor fixed that...basically locking the frame rate to 23.98.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kendra Borgen
on Nov 1, 2016 at 9:53:26 pm

Thanks for that... I'm really uncomfortable in Compressor. Maybe you could lend a bit more help. I dragged my file in.. created a Apple Pro Res QT file and want it to be as hig resolution as possible. I couldn't figure out where to output the size (it gives a default of 320x and I want it to be 1280x) .

More so there seems to be a deinterlacing issue.... I'm sure it's just human error and not fully understanding how to use the application correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kendra Borgen
on Nov 2, 2016 at 5:40:35 am

Nevermind... I was able to sort it out. Just needed a sleep on it I suppose ? Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]