FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 5 on Leopard with Clean Install and Rosetta

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cammie Noel
FCP 5 on Leopard with Clean Install and Rosetta
on Oct 17, 2016 at 8:44:21 pm

Trying to Install original FCP 5 disc on Totally Clean installed intel imac with Snow Leopard original retail disc with Rosetta
Getting error message "Your computer does not have the hardware required to run this software."

Edited movie from 7 years ago on Old G5 which is dying. trying to make other improvements to film.
Got intel imac ( @GHz Intel core 2 Duo) thinking FCP 5 would work on it, after many other possible solutions failed.

Afraid if I get 7 as a last resort afraid it won't open my film which was edited in FCP 5.

Very frustrating ( I now edit mostly in AVID but trying to get it to Avid via xml or edl via first imported into DaVinci Relolve didn't work)
Tried to export xml from dying G5 into DaVinci resolve on PC seemed to import OK, but but files wouldn't connect properly in timeline. Read many people having same issue there even with FCP 7 and X Have spent days to no avail

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: FCP 5 on Leopard with Clean Install and Rosetta
on Oct 18, 2016 at 3:34:39 am

i can't speak to the hardware issues,
but FCP7 will open your FCP5 project.
once you pen them in 7, you won't be ab le to open then in 5 again,
so for safety make copies of your project files before you open them in 7.

nick

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 18, 2016 at 7:26:53 am

FCP5 only worked on MOTOROLA chips...the old G5 computers. It didn't work on the Intel chips, that MacPros and iMacs and MacBook Pros now have. For that you needed the "crossgrade," which was FCP 5.1. So sorry, for that specific version you need an older powerbook or G5 or G4.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Cammie Noel
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:14:24 pm

I thought it would work with Rosetta. OK thank you for the info.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 18, 2016 at 5:07:42 pm

Yeah, it's not the software at issue...it's the hardware. it's not designed for the current processors.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Cammie Noel
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:13:23 pm

Thank you

Return to posts index

Cammie Noel
on Oct 30, 2016 at 5:32:23 am

Thanks

I got FCP 7 put my movie from FCP 5 to FCP 7 xml to Da Vinci resolve cleaned it up, added a few new clips, made sure all of my clips were connected fine etc. then tried to export it as an xml to DaVinci Resolve.I am getting error message DOM parser line 1
The weird thing is I exported the same movie into resolve from FCP 5 xml which isn't even supposed to work, and it opened but the timeline clips were jumbled and didn't match. ugh. Now after going through all this and exporting the film 's xml from FCP 7 isn't working there at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]