FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with Color form final cut studio - Playback flickering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Faro
Problem with Color form final cut studio - Playback flickering
on Oct 7, 2016 at 6:47:46 pm

Hello

I am having some problems with Color from final cut studio . Every sequence I send from final cut (i've tried from different projects - SD, HD, PRORES, DV - and using different hard drives) plays back in Color with flickering. The strange thing is when i send it back to final cut and export it no flickering is on the end file. But it makes it impossible to color correct with that flickering.
I have a IMAC 3,4 GHz i7 with 24 GB of Ram and i use external drives such as Graid or Lacie (RAID0 - for optimal speed)

The strange thing is that i've done Color grading in this machine with this setup a few times and no problem occurred. I have 2 sistems on my computer (Mountain Lion and El Capitain) and i have the same problem in both systems. Iv'e done the apple hardware test on restart and no problems were identified.

Does anybody knows what it may be? If i looked at it without knowing which machine i was working i would suspect i didn't have enough "horse power" on my computer but that is just not the case, by the way my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

Could anyone help me out. I am really close to my deadline
Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Problem with Color form final cut studio - Playback flickering
on Oct 7, 2016 at 7:09:27 pm

Might be that the last OS to fully support Color was 10.6.8. And every OS update after that moves away from full functionalty. 10.9 broke Compressor and Motion and QMaster. Mountain Lion, that's 10.8..so those didn't break. But color might not be working at full capacity. If you need it to work properly, best to keep it on a supported OS.

You don't mention what IO (capture) card you have. Color isn't accurate within it's own interface, only when sending a signal out to an external monitor. Oh....if you are using the Color Interface...I wonder if the graphics card is having issues. Flickering on the COMPUTER screen indicates GPU issues.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 8, 2016 at 1:07:26 am

Color was designed to work with AMD graphics and older OS as Shane has mentioned. I have heard that it could work but accurate onscreen display was a problem with NVIDIA cards. But once you go to Color with NVIDIA, non compatible OS and graphics driver anything is possible.

Also flicker may be used to describe interlacing errors so what is the nature of the flicker? Is the whole interface screen flickering or is it funny jitter with weird edges which might just be a mismatch in field settings.

Return to posts index

Miguel Faro
on Oct 8, 2016 at 11:13:58 am

Thanks for the replys

I've used Color before with this system and it worked perfectly well.
The Flickering is the interface screen, the entire Color application window. And I've tried with past projects I've done before and I get the same problem.
I've tried to reinstall FCP studio. With same results.

Deadline coming closer and still no clue.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 8, 2016 at 10:25:22 pm

The entire Color interface is flickering? Then that points to a graphics card issue.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Oct 9, 2016 at 2:51:10 am

It sounds like your graphics card is either going bad, needs to be reseated, or needs new drivers installed.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]