FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sierra??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tancredi Capucci
Sierra??
on Oct 5, 2016 at 6:04:13 pm

Has anyone attempted/successfully launched FCP7 in Sierra?
I'm really worried and not sure at all if to update from Cap to Sierra...
Mooch love
T

Go Cows!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Sierra??
on Oct 5, 2016 at 6:34:43 pm

Any time you try to use FCP 7....7 year old discontinued software...on a new OS, you should worry. If you need it to work, DO NOT UPDATE. Sorry to yell, but that's important. If you rely on FCP 7 working, don't update the OS. Keep it on an OS that works. If you need to, partition your hard drive and keep FCP 7 and the older OS on that, and use the other for the most current OS.

Why do you need to update to Sierra anyway? What will doing that get you? Other than older software potentially not working? I have MS OFFICE 2004...and boy, does it not work on Mavericks. Left and right arrows to move the cursor make it go in random directions. Someone on the Apple forum just said that they can no longer log and Transfer more than one clip at a time after updating to Sierra....batches crash the system.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tancredi Capucci
on Oct 5, 2016 at 7:18:57 pm

Mainly because it's not the only software I use and I gotta keep the others up to date, that is why i usually ask before updating OS.
I'll definitly install it on another partition just wanted to know if someone else had done it also cuz i cant stand El Capitan it looks like i'm running Windows 7 for real D;

Go Cows!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 5, 2016 at 8:18:04 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 5, 2016 at 8:21:21 pm

If you insist on still using FCP 7, you don't have to ask this question any more. You NEVER update its OS. This will continue to be the answer.

It doesn't matter how the OS looks. It matters if the OS breaks your applications.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alison Rose
on Oct 13, 2016 at 9:59:54 pm

Hi -

A good friend just upgraded my OS to Sierra without realizing that this might be a problem for my work, and I had no idea.

Almost none of my FCP 7.0.3 media will reconnect.......Can you advise a basic-level user on partitioning a macbook air hard drive, installing an earlier version of OS on one side of the partition, and then restarting the macbook air so the FCP is operating in the older OS.
What OS is best of FCP 7.0.3?

If that's too much to ask, please let me know. I am a novice. Thank you. Al

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 14, 2016 at 1:48:01 am

how new is the Air? It can only go back as far as the OS that it shipped with.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tancredi Capucci
on Oct 25, 2016 at 9:14:25 am

Dear Allison,
pardon me very much for the late reply but i've been having hard time with a sport injury and just got the chance to read your post.
Thankyou very much for your input and thank you so much for your advice, i really do guess i'll have to partition 1 of my hard drives and get it installed there and just... test it until i'm 100% sure that everything works!
I hope you have a nice day (:
Tancredi

Go Cows!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]