FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log & Transfer keeps crashing when I want to import multiple clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan MacDonald
Log & Transfer keeps crashing when I want to import multiple clips
on Oct 1, 2016 at 6:55:00 pm

I have the latest version of El Capitan OSX. I still use Final Cut 7 and it's never been a problem until today. I went to log and transfer to import some footage from my sandisk sd card. I couldn't make any changes to the logging footage. It was almost as if the rad ingest was locked. I could drag individual clips into the queue one by one, but any time I tried to drag multiple clips it would crash. I would do the tedious work on dragging each one, but it's 86 clips and I have another sd card with 70 clips. I save everything to an external hard drive with has plenty of space still available. Any suggestions? Could it be that log and transfer isn't compatible with the latest OSX? And in addition, I have to go to File-> Log and Transfer twice because the first time nothing happens.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

-- Ryan

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Log & Transfer keeps crashing when I want to import multiple clips
on Oct 1, 2016 at 11:39:04 pm

If you have done the usually trash & restore preferences (hopefully with Digital Rebellions tool) then it may well be an OS issue. It is only a matter of time so unless you have a need to upgrade the OS which is more important than keeping a working FCP7 system I would not update.

Alternatively setup either a dual partition or dual boot system, keeping FCP7 with an old OS. My 2009 MacPro is working fine with FCP7 and Snow Leopard. I have switched back to PC for Resolve but if I wanted to stay Mac and FCP7 was important, I would have gone for a dual boot system.

Return to posts index

Ryan MacDonald
Re: Log & Transfer keeps crashing when I want to import multiple clips
on Oct 3, 2016 at 2:46:26 pm

Thanks Michael. Good to know for the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]