FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivering trailer to deluxe, need info on specs.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james nickell
Delivering trailer to deluxe, need info on specs.
on Sep 26, 2016 at 10:34:48 pm

I just want to start this by saying I did not edit this trailer, I have not seen the movie, I know nothing about the production or post production process of this film. Sorry I can't really give any info about the film itself but here's my jam, Deluxe is asking for this info to be present in the trailer file we send them.

File Format, Codec, Color Space, Target Display Luminance, Gamma, Code Value Range (e.g. Full Range 0-1023 vs. Legal/Head Range 64-940) and bit depth information.

The highlighted areas I have no idea how to find out. Anyone deal with this before and know what I have to do?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Delivering trailer to deluxe, need info on specs.
on Sep 27, 2016 at 6:20:44 pm

[james nickell] "File Format"

Quicktime...MP4...MWV. What is the format of the file?

[james nickell] "Codec"

ProRes...DNxHD...Cineform...Animation.

[james nickell] "Color Space"

RGB....Rec 709....

[james nickell] "Target Display Luminance"

0 - 100....like what's used for broadcast. Or is it more in the film range where you can have darker than 0 and brighter than 100. What THOSE numbers are, I don't know, I work in TV.

[james nickell] "Gamma, Code Value Range (e.g. Full Range 0-1023 vs. Legal/Head Range 64-940)"

Those I am not sure of...ask them. Heck, ask them about ALL of this, really. They can explain it better...

[james nickell] "and bit depth information"

4:2:0, 4:2:2, 4:4:4

Or...did you bold the areas you were unfamiliar with...and those happen to be the ones I'M ALSO unfamiliar with? I'd ask them.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

james nickell
on Sep 27, 2016 at 7:28:53 pm

Thanks! I was actually able to get an example of what they were looking for and I was able to figure out what it all meant, which is pretty much what you described. Gamma was referring to Gamma 2.2 or Gamma 2.4, Code Value Range is actually the proper range to display the correct contrast ratio, 0 being pure black and 1023 being pure white and the other option being a more washed out look.

The one thing you cleared up is the Bit Depth, even though I included that with the Prores codec as in Proress 422 I added an extra line that read 10BIT as I thought that's what they were asking for, as in 8BIT, 10BIT, or 12BIT.

Thank you again for all the info.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 27, 2016 at 10:25:39 pm

Hmmm...bit depth might be that. Safe to call it ProRes 422 10-bit....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]