FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you remove effects from a cut Clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john bolton
How do you remove effects from a cut Clip
on Sep 9, 2016 at 4:26:06 pm

I am not that familiar with FCP 7 ( I use a an other Brand of Editor ) but today I was with a friend who uses FCP 7. On the time line there was some video which he had tried to smooth with the stabilising effect. We then Cut a small portion off the end of this timeline clip and made a sub clip. This sub clip still knows about the Smooth effect. How do you disengage that effect from this clip. We have tried double clicking the effect to select it and opening the Smooth effect and CUT it from the effect but still it wants to apply this effect to the sib clip. Any guidance would be appreciate..

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How do you remove effects from a cut Clip
on Sep 9, 2016 at 5:09:21 pm

Click on the clip you want to remove this from...the subclip. If you DOUBLE CLICK on it, it will load it into the VIEWER, then click on the FILTERS tab. Uncheck it, or click on it and delete it.

Or right click on the clip and choose REMOVE ATTRIBUTES and check off FILTERS.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

john bolton
Re: How do you remove effects from a cut Clip
on Sep 10, 2016 at 7:36:51 am

Hello Shane. Thanks for the info.. The problem was that when we doubled clicked it to load to the Viewer the Smoothcam filter was not on the list... BUT we did not realise that you can remove the attributes but Right clicking on the clip it and select to remove,, Will check it later. Many thanks.....John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]