FCP7 problem with creating master clip.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Igor Repin
on Aug 31, 2016 at 3:12:45 pm

Please help to find solution.
I working with Prores without sound and separately wav file. Bouth have a timecode. I import this files into FCP7 and the next I need to sync video and audio. I select two folder in project and make multiclip sequence, there select timecode sync and I have all files with sound. Now I need sort all files on scenes and shots. Next I select all files on time line and make a collapse multiclip, after I delete all empty space between files and export to xml to remove any information about multiclip from project (I need only syncing video and audio). After this I convert this xml to another xml via premiere and import new xml to FCP. Now on timeline I have a sync video and audio by timecode, but it have some inaccuracy with clap, it delay on 2-3 frames sometimes. I move it manually and link files. Now I create a master clip in folder in project space. And there I have a problem: when I save my project and open it on another Mac all movement that I do manually doesn't saved. All syncing file have a delay.
Maybe this way to creating a master clip is not perfect, but I don't know another way to do this without any plugins and semi automaticly. Please help me!
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 problem with creating master clip.
on Sep 1, 2016 at 5:54:08 am

That sounds VERY complicated. The easy way is to highlight both the audio and the video, and then go to the MODIFY menu and select MERGE CLIPS. You can choose TIMECODE if your timecode matches, or choose by IN point if you have a slate, and you hear it on the audio, and see it in the video. Then you are done...you'll get a new master clip that has audio and video tied.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/#chapter=29%26sect...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Igor Repin
on Sep 1, 2016 at 9:14:59 am

Thank you for your response, but I have a small offset in timecode. Audio have a 2-3 frames shift from video. And I need to see all video and audio in timeline to move files manually and after this create a master clip. And your way can make only one clip at the same time and I don't know which files need to be compared with each other. I have naming of files like this: Z023001.wav and A084C001_.....mov . I need listen all audio and all video to recognise rolls, takes and scenes.
But anyway thanks for the tip, be sure to use it in the future. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Sep 1, 2016 at 10:10:38 am

ok i get that your'e using "Create Multiclip Sequence" to get your pic and sound in sync.
it does make things a bit complicated
but i think your problems may well stem from the rest of your workflow which is even more complicated!

main issue is how to turn the multiclips back into non-multi *within* FCP

there's 2 ways: match frame and edit back, or via the media manager

MATCH FRAME & EDIT

in your multiclip sequence, turn off all your audio tracks (green buttons)
park on the start of your first video clip,
match frame into the viewer (f) and edit back into the timeline (F10)
check your target tracks first obviously!

jump to the next clip (down arrow) and do it again,
etc, etc

then do the same for sound,
turn your audio tracks back on, turn off all video tracks, ALSO turn off all video Auto Select (Command+Keypad Zero… i think that's a dealt and no one of mine)
f, F10, etc

if you have hundreds of clips this can be time consuming, so you can either automate it with QuicKeys or similar,
or use the media manager.

MEDIA MANAGER

select the Multiclip sequence and open Media MAnager
chose CREATE OFFLINE,
set sequences to your preferred settings
DONT delete unused
UN-CHECK include multi clip angles

when your new project opens,
the audio will probably be on-line, but the video will be offline (it should be if it has reel#s… if it isn't offline that's a worry)
so re-connect the video

now you are ready to go thru the timeline linking the clips as Shane says
select each pair of Video and Audio, and Command L to link them.
when done, copy all into a new bin

i guess you should check sync before you link them all,
and then maybe link and copy a few to a bin, and then check sun on those clips again before proceeding.

hope that helps,
nick

Return to posts index

Igor Repin
on Sep 1, 2016 at 9:09:49 pm

Thank you very much it's really helped. I made this with a Media Manager. Thank you for your solution! In addition, I save time on it! I do not understand what the problem was exactly, but I can assume that this is due to the fact that XML did not delete information about multiclip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]