FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7: Export is so much Slow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Marañon
FCP 7: Export is so much Slow
on Aug 25, 2016 at 7:23:39 am

Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering why every time I export a 4 min. video it takes 2 hours to export using Quicktime Conversion H.264 with 10,000 RATE - Streaming.... Basicaly I use Mpeg stream clip to convert my files into Apple LT so that it's compatible with my Final Cut Pro 7. and when I edit the Video (of course I rendered the Red, Orange lines) and export its Extremely Slow! it takes me 2 hours or more for a 4 mins. Video (Video size is 1920x1080)

Anyone can help me how to reduce time in exporting?

p.s. or its just because im using a 2009 version Mac Book pro?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCP 7: Export is so much Slow
on Aug 25, 2016 at 3:36:12 pm

Hi John,

What you don't understand about your workflow is that, as you're presently doing things, two renders are involved.

The first is when you render the timeline - in that case FCP is rendering every frame and creating ProRes LT render files for every clip, transition, etc.

The second is when you export to h.264 - in that case FCP is rendering every frame and creating h.264 files for every clip, transition etc.

The faster way is to render once, i.e. the entire timeline, then export a self contained "master file" using current settings, which is very fast with NO additional render involved. Then you use that master to encode to h.264 using Compressor or Streamclip.

Make sense???

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]