FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF video file corrupted

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kamal Hussein Husni
MXF video file corrupted
on Aug 18, 2016 at 6:46:50 am

Hello,

I hope some expert could help me out, im dried of ideas.

So had a problem when i was transferring my mxf footage's to my drive.
I ignored the warning completely. So the aftermath was, when i opened up the file's to edit them,
the video files has scratches on them, one of my colleague said this problem was due to when i was
transferring the files to my hard drives.

Ive tried all sorts of software recovering method but it still wont open up the file's, now i am indeed of help
because otherwise i have to bear with the cost of reshooting the whole thing.

Please help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: MXF video file corrupted
on Aug 18, 2016 at 3:41:20 pm

[Kamal Hussein Husni] "So had a problem when i was transferring my mxf footage's to my drive."

How did you do this? Drag and drop copy? And are these camera masters?

[Kamal Hussein Husni] "I ignored the warning completely."

What warning was given?

[Kamal Hussein Husni] "So the aftermath was, when i opened up the file's to edit them,
the video files has scratches on them"

Ok, this one puzzles me. First off, how did you open them to edit them? FCP doesn't work with MXF directly, it requires Log and Transfer to convert them. Or, a third party plugin to allow them to be accessed by FCP. Second, you say scratches? Not sure how digital files can have scratches, that's more of a physical issue of film, and analog damage of tape. Digital hits I can see...can you post a pic?

Where do these files come from? Shot with what camera? Did you back up the full card? and what software have you used up to this point?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kamal Hussein Husni
on Aug 18, 2016 at 4:07:53 pm

Hello Shane,

Thanks for the response, first of all the software that i use is a premiere pro cc , so it doesn't have any log transfer, you can just import it and it could read the mxf files automatically.

The files came from a Sandisk CF card. It was shot by using a canon C300. I have already backed up all the footages and than just realizing that the footages is damage.

I did try to use a useless software recovery on to the memory card to retrieve back the original file's.

Well I've tried to upload the image but it keeps freezing.But I've uploaded the file so you can see it for your self

Kamal

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 18, 2016 at 5:13:01 pm

[Kamal Hussein Husni] " first of all the software that i use is a premiere pro cc , so it doesn't have any log transfer,"

Ah. Well, you posted this in the Final Cut Pro LEGACY (FCP 7 and earlier) group...thus the confusion. Might be best to post this in the Adobe PPro group, so you get more of those experts to pitch in.

https://forums.creativecow.net/adobepremierepro

[Kamal Hussein Husni] "The files came from a Sandisk CF card. It was shot by using a canon C300."

OK, so direct record of a C300. Got it. yeah, I work with footage from that camera all the time, but on an Avid mainly.

[Kamal Hussein Husni] "I have already backed up all the footages and than just realizing that the footages is damage."

Yeah, I'd like to see this 'damage.' curious what it looks like. I think you can play these MXF files in VLC player too...try that to see if it looks the same as it does in Premiere Pro.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Kamal Hussein Husni
on Aug 18, 2016 at 4:09:51 pm

Sorry here's the link

<a href='http://f1.creativecow.net/10434/scratches-on-mxf-files'>10434_aa697501.mxf.zip</a>

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 18, 2016 at 5:15:11 pm

Sorry, that link is giving an error. You need to try that again. I don't think you just copy and paste that link, you need to choose the EMBED or LINK or some option in that Cow pop-up

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Kamal Hussein Husni
on Aug 18, 2016 at 5:19:45 pm

10434_aa697501.mxf.zip

Sorry I'm a bit new here. Try this link.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 18, 2016 at 6:44:41 pm

Ah...yes. Digital hits. Crud... can you play these back in the camera? I see them in VLC and PPro and Avid...

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Kamal Hussein Husni
on Aug 19, 2016 at 6:42:49 am

Well i haven't try that yet. You've just given me an idea. I'll try that. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]