FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio rendering necessary?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
patrick collins
audio rendering necessary?
on Jul 25, 2016 at 1:04:06 am

Hey everyone... So as a first step for editing my footage, I created sequences with my video + multi-channel audio (wav files) synced up for each take.

I then have one main sequence that I am using to hold my chosen takes... but what I am finding really annoying is, if I want to make an edit between two take sequences, my first step is to sync up the audio between the two takes so that the same word the actor says happens at the same moment... But as soon as I drag a 2nd take overlapping with the first take, the audio is beeping as it needs to be rendered... It's impossible to work this way, and so I am wondering how do I tell FCP to auto render, or more importantly, why can FCP not handle playing multiple audio streams simultaneously? Layering multiple wav files should not be that complicated, so I don't even understand why this requires rendering?

How can I solve this problem so that I can get instant audio feedback as I drag around trying to match up words from multiple takes?

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: audio rendering necessary?
on Jul 25, 2016 at 5:35:15 am

you need to up your number of real time audio tacks.
FCP is set to 8 by default, so if you have two 5track audio clips overlapping, it''ll start beeping.

open user prefs (Option Q) and set the number of RT audio tracks to 24 as a minimum.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]