FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mis-aligned Crosshairs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Hill
Mis-aligned Crosshairs
on Aug 31, 2010 at 7:46:47 pm

This is a really odd question, but I can't find a solution on google nor has trashing preferences worked. I've been dealing with it for a while and no clue how/why it started.

In the final cut viewer/canvas windows, whenever I try to move the crosshairs for an editable trait (like the center, or the points of a matte), I click the crosshair button in the filter/motion tab and once I click anywhere in the video it becomes horribly mis-aligned. For example, I click the top left corner to set point-1 of my matte at -960, -540 it shifts it to -438.26, -307.83. If I click in the frame and drag to move the point I literally have to drag *way* out of the viewer window to get the point exactly where I need it to be.

Thus far, like I mentioned, trashing preferences hasn't worked. Has anyone else had this issue before?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Mis-aligned Crosshairs
on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:01:36 pm

What format is the sequence? What easy setup are you using? The latter will determine the size and properties of the matte you create. The former will control how it behaves in the sequence. If the two don't match you can get this weird misalignment. It doesn't do anything in terms of functionality and output, other than that it's a pain to work with.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Christopher Hill
on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:13:20 pm

We have a custom setup of Apple ProRes 422(HQ) 1280x720, 29.97fps, which is also what the sequence I'm editing is set to. The same problem occurs on sequences we have which are set to an XDCam setup (XDCAM EX 720p30).

It's also not just the Apple Matte Filters but also some of "Joe's Filters" like Soft Stuff and Blur Filters. Anything with editable points or a center crosshair. Are they not compatible with a 1280x720 frame size?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: How many files are inside one bin
on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:28:36 pm

Nothing to do with the 720 size. It works with that frame resolution for me. It may have been set when you first created the sequence. Yes, all the center controls will exhibit the same behavior for the sequence.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:03:58 pm

To piggyback onto Tom's post, if you scale the image, the matte points DON'T adjust to the size, so the point will also misalign. No work around, you just need to make due or change your workflow.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]