help !!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Vaccaro
help !!!
on Apr 6, 2010 at 8:51:19 pm

Here is the deal.
I owna a JVC Mini DV Digital camera. I download my video to FCP
I edit a 30 sec sequence without any effects, or titles or anything, just plain footage. I render-
Then i export for youtube using MPEG-4. The out coming file was 130mb.
To big i though but maybe is for the GREAT quality of FCP.
When i see the video on Quicktime it was so blurry, with no minimal quality. The colors so poor.(the original footage looks great on the preview window while i am editing, and looks grear on the camera.)
Then i export to DVD and could not find any compressor or codec or way to get a decent video quality. (at least close enough to vegas).
Please experts help me out.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: help !!!
on Apr 6, 2010 at 10:40:59 pm

"I render"

Something is seriously wrong here. Doing what you describe nothing should need to be rendered. This should only happen if your media does not match your sequence. It should or you're not using the application correctly.

What are the exact item properties for your sequence? What about the clips?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Leo Vaccaro
on Apr 7, 2010 at 12:28:14 am

Hello, thasnks for your response.
My clips i transfer them directly from my Mini DV camera. Usig "easy set up" on DV aspect ratio 16:9.
Then i import them to the proyect add a song to the edited clips and then render both (video and audio). after that i go to export, choose MPEG-4 or Dv/DVCPRO - NTSC or DV stream. But the final result of all my export its really poor.
Please help me out.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Apr 7, 2010 at 12:45:06 am

Please answer the questions. Make sure the audio is uncompressed AIFF. Why are you exporting? Where are you trying to go?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Leo Vaccaro
on Apr 12, 2010 at 11:32:24 pm

I check on that and i think that the problem could be that the "easy set up" was set to DV anamorphic.

But this really confuse me. What setting should i us to down load a tape into my Mac.

DV stream
Basic Fire Wire ?

Or witch one. Would be great ig you can help me.
Thanks -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]