FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving FCP Project Files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caleb Armstrong
Moving FCP Project Files
on Apr 9, 2009 at 4:02:50 pm

For the past several months I have been without an external hard drive due to some faulty drives that we received from G-Drive. Working in the government has its drawbacks of course, and I didn't receive a replacement external drive until this morning.

Long story short - I've been storing all of my FCP files on the second internal hard drive and I need to move everything over to the new external.

Does anybody have any suggestions, advice, notes on the best way to do this, etc?

Aside from pulling the capture scratch folder, the project file itself, and any associated media, do I need to bring the render files, etc?

I'm looking to smooth out any wrinkles that might occur in the future with the material that I move over.

Thanks for all the help!

Return to posts index

Bill Dewald
Re: Moving FCP Project Files
on Apr 9, 2009 at 9:01:09 pm

Read up on the "Media Manager" within FCP.

Use the "Copy" function to migrate your projects to the external drive.

Be careful - some media manager functions can have a destructive effect on your footage.

But, used properly, media manager will do the job efficiently.

Return to posts index

David Rodrigues
on Apr 10, 2009 at 12:11:40 am

I set up each project in its own folder so and then set up capture scratch render files and everything else. This way if i need to move anything you can move the folder onto the hard drive and you dont have to worry about what stuff to move. It works really well.

Return to posts index

Caleb Armstrong
on Apr 10, 2009 at 12:56:09 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it!

point9@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]