FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi Layer Dissolves and Green Screens

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex D'Eath
Multi Layer Dissolves and Green Screens
on Jan 22, 2009 at 3:30:04 pm

This is questions gets asked every once and awhile and while I understand the fundamentals I need some help with a very particular situation. Here is the scenario. We have a bunch of talking heads edited in a show for an aerospace client. I am using DVmatte Pro on the recommendation of Shane Ross. I really like what I see so far from it. Here is my scenario and where I need some help. V1 contains my master edit sequence this has all the shots for the story. Now when it comes time to do a talking head I put them on V2 and the BG that is composited in onto V1. The reason I do this is that when I comp the BG in inside DVmatte Pro and I have to move some of the heads around on the screen you lose the the BG effect at the edges as you move the frame around. Therefore I comp it in on a separate layer. Now when I try and dissolve between clip A and my BG and the Talking head you get the weird look of them dissolving together and you can see the BG thru the talking head. very confusing. I tried nesting the elements but that didn't work well because my editor has used some lower third elements that have some green in them so they end up being keyed out. What I really want to have is some logo elements on layer V3 talking head with green screen and boris red lower thirds on layer V2 and BG on V1 and be able to dissolve and have it look good. Is there something I'm missing. I understand about putting a slug under the top layer and dissolving with it but that won't work as I have an incoming clip and I don't want black over it. I have tried reading thru lynda.com, apple boards and here on the cow and this particular situation doesn't get covered. It may be possible that what I ant to do cannot be done the way I want and I may have to seek out other means.

I just know that later in my show there are some clips of a guy talking and the way he is sitting in the chair you can see the back of it. I want to move him over in the frame to eliminate the chair. That is going to cause me to lose my green screen. I guess I could put some green on a layer under him export that clip reimport and comp from there. That just seems like a long way around. If I can move him over set him in layer V2 and the BG on layer V1 I know I can make that work. However I find myself back at the issue with the dissolve between layers.

I know this ramble on some what but it is very involved process with lots of moving parts. Thanks you all for your patience.

Sincerely

Al

Alex D'Eath
alex@spacecityfilms.com
Operations Manager
Space City Films, Inc
Above... & Beyond

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Multi Layer Dissolves and Green Screens
on Jan 22, 2009 at 6:04:31 pm

Tried cropping the green? Crop tool is in the motion controls tab.

Return to posts index

Alex D'Eath
Re: Multi Layer Dissolves and Green Screens
on Jan 22, 2009 at 6:07:32 pm

Still doesn't solve the problem. If I crop the green screen and move them around I need to have the bg comped into the effect as well as on it's own layer which gets me back to my original problem of the dissolve.

Thanks Though

Al

Alex D'Eath
alex@spacecityfilms.com
Operations Manager
Space City Films, Inc
Above... & Beyond

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]