FORUMS: list search recent posts

PSD Import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz Gaden
PSD Import
on Nov 14, 2008 at 6:55:42 pm

OK, stupid question. I am just trying to import a layered Photoshop file into Final Cut. I have Photoshop CS3 (on PC) and FCP 6.0.4.

When I import my psd files they just come in as a flattened file, not a sequence with layers. This should be simple. What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
Re: PSD Import
on Nov 14, 2008 at 8:02:28 pm

[Liz Gaden] "When I import my psd files they just come in as a flattened file, not a sequence with layers."

FCP imports .psd files as a nested sequence. If you notice the icon next to the .psd file in your browser, it will look like the sequence icon and not an image icon. If you double click the .psd sequence, the sequence should contain all of the layers from your photoshop file.

Alan

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

Liz Gaden
on Nov 14, 2008 at 8:09:51 pm

It should do that. When I import, it's just coming in as a file, not a nested sequence.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 14, 2008 at 10:05:15 pm

File has to be saved on a Mac in the Mac version of Photoshop to maintain the layer structure.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Liz Gaden
on Nov 14, 2008 at 10:14:46 pm

Oh, I was afraid someone would say that. Got someone else to bring in a Mac PSD and it works! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Harry Ward
on Nov 25, 2008 at 8:49:33 pm

I have imported my .psd file into Final Cut Pro ver. 6.0.4 (Mac), but when I drag it to the timeline the image is all blurry. The viewer slug shows it as full quality though. The .psd is flattened and exported from Photoshop at the highest quality. What's gone wrong? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Harry

Return to posts index

mark pigott
on May 12, 2009 at 4:13:46 pm

Why on earth would Apple forget to allow PC Photoshop to work
(as it is the majority of users out there)!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on May 12, 2009 at 8:52:43 pm

No it doesn't...

You just need to go into Preferences and check Mac and PC compatibility boxes to maximize compatibility when Saving

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Dave Rit
on Dec 2, 2011 at 3:37:16 pm

The same thing happened to me today. I imported the psd file into fcp7 and it came in as a file not a sequence. When I used to import psd, it would come in as a sequence. I haven't had the need to do this for a while so I don't know what changed. The psd came from a mac photoshop.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Da Ri
on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:16:15 pm

Correction: it imported as a still image.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]