FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choppy sped up horror movie effect

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Justin Pokrant
Choppy sped up horror movie effect
on Oct 19, 2008 at 3:10:19 am

Just curious how that typical choppy sped up type effect you see in horror movies is done (ex. the saw movies, marilyn manson videos etc) where a person's body movements are incredibly jerky.
Time remapping and deleting frames? Or is there something more to it?

Return to posts index

Justin Pokrant
Re: Choppy sped up horror movie effect
on Oct 19, 2008 at 5:48:17 am

actually not in saw... more so in some of the marilyn manson videos... and even in the new rihanna - disturbia video haha.

Return to posts index

andy shnikes
on Oct 20, 2008 at 2:30:35 am

Theres a plug-in from boris i think? in after effects called twitch, i think thats what you are looking for, it does all the work for you for the most part in a neat little manner, its kind of expensive, but if you are going for something you want to distribute, look into it, as for acheiving the same effect in final cut, correct me if im wrong, but your ideas seem pretty legit, but extremly time consuming, and perhaps not even looking as good. youde have to add a whole bunch of effects to your video, its possible, i can visualize the process in my head, but it would take some serious work.

check into the borris after effects plug-in's and see if anything looks leik you want, my friend bought the glitch plug-in (professional grade, at professional price) and it did some really neat things,

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
on Oct 20, 2008 at 5:33:57 am

It looks like it's just time remapping with frame blending turned off. If you want to make it look more realistic (like a person is genuinely that fast, replicating the shutter speed), turn motion blur up to about 50%-100% (adjust samples to taste).

If you want to make a person singing look like that, have them lipsync to the track played at 50% speed (or less), and then speed up the video so the audio matches the original speed.

Return to posts index

andy shnikes
on Oct 21, 2008 at 9:26:20 pm

do you want choppy like this...?

im pretty sure thats after effects twitch,

or were you thinking about something else?

Return to posts index

Justin Pokrant
on Oct 21, 2008 at 9:51:09 pm

I can't see the vids.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]